Engine suggestion?

I'm trying to choose an engine for an ESM Freestyle Rush (.46 size

3D/Pattern). I've been looking at an OS 50SX or a Magnum 52XLS, but would also consider a 60 size engine, except I know very little about which are the good performers - there seems to be a lot more action in the 46-50 range. Am I likely to get a proportional increase in power relative to the extra weight? Can anyone suggest a particular engine in the 60 size range?
Reply to
Poxy

I would suggest not going to a 60 size engine since they are the next size up in crankcases and bearings. They tend to weigh a lot more than engines in the 40-50 class.

I suggest you look at something like the Webra Speed 50 as a powerful, light weight engine. MVVS also makes some great engines this size.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Poxy, if money is no object ( it is usually), you can buy a Dub Jett 60 that's lighter that the 40. 40=17.5oz. 60L=17oz. Fantastic engines that actually turn the advertised figures. Check 'em out at

Ed Forsythe

YEEEHAAAWWW! They do turn up!

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Pardon my ignorance, but isn't torque, i.e. the ability to turn a large prop, more important in this application than the ability to spin a small prop at 18,000 RPM? If so, something as mundane as a Fox .50 might actually be more appropriate than a Jett.

Geoff, putting on Nomex underwear

Reply to
Geoff Sanders

Hi Geoff, That's precisely why I suggested the 60L. Go to the Jett site and check it out.

Reply to
Ed Forsythe

Geoff,

The Jetts are capable of turning larger props as well.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Reply to
I_FLY_RC

Stay away from the Magnum. You might want to look at the Tower 46 good price and lots of power.

Reply to
I_FLY_RC