Gene Pitney R.I.P.

It will take 3 weeks to make Gene Pitney a casket from solid oak, But only 24 hours from balsa !

Reply to
Bill E. Nomates

OK...Who is Gene Pitney and if the poor man is really deceased, why not go and buy a wooden casket from the funeral home....and what has all this to do with model airplanes...and why am I writing this, anyway??? Frank, in Hendersonville, TN who just got bypassed by the tornado...

Reply to
Frank Schwartz

Gene Pitney, Singer/Songwriter, big in the States. Died recently in Cardiff UK aged 65 years Had a famous hit, "Only 24 hours from Tulsa" Tulsa rhymes with balsa. Hence tenuous link to RC aeroplanes. Humour

Bill E. Nomates

Yeah, Cardiff is in Wales, part of the U.K. Try GoogleMaps

Reply to
Bill E. Nomates

Gene Pitney was a famous recording artist from the 70s. He died in France a week ago. ____________________________________________ Earl Scherzinger 'AMA' #40329

Reply to
Earl Scherzinger

No he didn't

Bill E. Nomates

Sorry for the error about Gene Pitney. I hate when that happens.

Oh well! The world didn't come to an end because of it. ____________________________________________ Earl Scherzinger 'AMA' #40329

Reply to
Earl Scherzinger

It did for poor old Gene...............

Reply to
Bill E. Nomates

I remember him for " Liberty Valance" and "Town without pity". Honestly don't remember "24 hours from Tulsa"....course , theres lots of things I don't remember :-(

Reply to
Ken Day