Good Hitec service

I recently sent an RCD Platinum receiver to Hitec, asking it to be changed from channel 38 to channel 14, and to be retuned if necessary.

Hitec received it Nov. 1, and shipped it back Nov. 4. They exchanged the crystal and retuned the receiver, though they commented that retuning is not necessary when changing crystals.

Their shipping cost was $5.80 (prepaid by them). Their invoice (cost to me) was $0.00.

Brian Morris

Reply to
Brian Morris

Retuning is generally not required although your local rules may say otherwise. In Australia changing crystals is no big deal as long as the radio is recertified as OK.

I did a channel change on a Hitec that turned out to have a problem. Under warranty they fixed that problem and found it necessary to do a very minor retune.

Check out the Hitec forum, they seem to offer very good support. I must say the local Australian agent did a wonderful job with my radio.

Reply to
The Raven

I "toasted" my Eclipse transmitter not too long ago while charging it with a Hobbico charger and sent it back to HiTec for repair figuring that they would charge me as I had not used their charger. I told them this up front so they knew what had happened. To my surprise, they repaired it and sent it back to me free of charge. HiTec seems to be very good in the customer service dept.

Reply to
Black Cloud