Graupner Tipsy vs T-Hawk for newbie?

Trying to decide on an electric starter plane for myself and my 11 yr old twins to learn on.I want to stick to electric at least for now.I live in the
country,lots of room .I have 3 acres backing on to my in-laws 100 acres.We also have to deal with wind a lot.(light wind is all I wouls attempt.) Any info appreciated! Thanks
-
From snipped-for-privacy@bogus.com (R)

Some facts about the Tipsy are: In stock form, it is extremely fragile, especially in the hands of a newbie. The unreinforced foam tailboom will snap off in anything but a perfect landing. It is marginally powered and not tolerant of wind, especially when gusty. It is prone to 'death spiral' due to a newbie's tendancy to over-control. Graupner's hyping it as 'newbie-friendly' is pretty disingenuous. But it is a fantastic flyer when adequateley beefed up and adequately powered. From the reviews of the T-Hawk, it looks like a plane that's far more newbie-friendly in every respect. Bill(oc)
Thanks very much for the reply Bill! I think thats where I'll go... Thanks again... steve
(R)

-
A Multiplex Easy Star would be even better
-- Solca ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Solcat's Profile: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u%67 View this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?tP248

I'll 2nd solcat's recommendation for the Easy Star. Easiest for newbies to learn to fly, still fun after you have become quite proficient, and it is very durable to boot. Especially if you are going to do it on your own without the aid of an instructor, it's the best recipe for success.
Abel
Hi everybody! Thanks for the replies! Never heard of the Easy Star before today.I've been searching the net evenings all week and it never jumped out at me,wonder why? Anyways I ordered a T Hawk yesterday. Thanks for your help,I'm sure I'll have more questions soon!

-