Graves hobbies in orlando!!

Hi gang.. while fooling around FLA for a week I stumbled xross this shop in orlando Whew!! what a shop!! this is the shop that all shops should be measured by!! yes i know that they have the weather to fly year round but if the shops here in NY(long island) had 1/4 of what graves has they would be in good shape.... P.S. bought me my lanier mariner!! Gig

Reply to
Gig

Yeah, Graves is a real trip! I love that shop. I live in Tampa and try to get over to Graves a couple of times a year to 'refuel' my enthusiasm for the hobby! It's a shame no one in the Tampa/St. Pete area has ever put together a shop like Graves. There is one here that shall go nameless that has a lot of old and junky airplanes, boat, cars hanging from the ceiling with rediculous prices. They prey on the newbies who never go back there again after they figure out how badly they have been ripped off. There is an excellent shop in St. Pete/Pinellas Park called Archies Helis and Hobbies. Very comprehensive inventory. A ceiling full of airplanes, and a very knowledgable and friendly staff. The rest of the shops are sort 'also-rans'. If you're in Orlando, don't miss Grave's!

Reply to
jeboba

Yes, great shop. Went in there about an hour ago to buy some 1/4" triangle stock. Guess what. No 1/4, no 3/8, no 1/2. A couple of pieces of 3/4, and that was it for triangle stock.

Guess it depends on what your needs are. Apparently, in todays world of arfs, there is not much demand for balsa anymore.

Sam