Re: Hobbico NexStar Select

I have this plane. I'm a total newbie... never flown before... 59 years old. I disabled the auto pilot on the advice of one of the members of my club. I flew 6 times on a buddy box (after about 6 hours on the computer) and landed and took off on my own twice.... I have nothing to compare it to, but it did the job for me....

Bob

Reply to
S. Robert Davidoff

Bob, I have this plane also. It's a great plane to fly...very docile at extremely slow speeds and fast enough to keep you on your toes. I, too, disabled the AFS because flying off snow affects it. Anyway, it really doesn't help you learn to fly....practise on the computer; this really helps. I have about 20-25 flights using Dubro Snowbird skis. It's simply fantastic. It looks so realistic that the other day a neighbour called me to say she saw the plane in the air doing loops and rolls, she thought it was a real plane and started waving and shouting frantically at it. She actually thought it was a real plane about to crash. I also own an Extra

300S by Seagull with a K&B 65 Sportster on it. It's really something to fly...very fast, but a little sensitive on the sticks in the air. Compared to my Extra the NexStar is a pussycat. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine. BTW, I have no club where I live...I'm the only one in my town who flys RC. I managed to conquer it all on my own. Happy landings to you.

Darren

Reply to
Darren Earle

I really like having the Speed Brakes on mine - it slowed it down an

stabilized it. Like someone already said, this bird will fly FAST i you let it - but not with the Brakes on :p

Jerr

-- tailskid

Been modeling since '49 - which makes me an Old Fart

this thread:

tailskid2