H9 twist as 3rd plane? Or what???

I'm done with my trainer and have had a blast with my 4*40 (kit) with an OS-46fx up front. But I'm now looking to move on. The 4*40 and I can do most of the basics. Loops, snap-rolls, 1/2 Cuban eights, Immalmans, inverted flight, outside loops etc... I want a plane that is both fast and more agile than the 4*. 3D would be nice but I think I'm leaning more in the direction of the IMAC sequences for now.

As much as I'd like to go bigger, .90+, I am limited on space and so a .40 will have to do.

The price of the twist is appealing but isn't an issue. I just figure that if I'm going to be pushing the envelope of my skill level I'd rather be able to buy and wreck 2 or 3 planes than wreck one and have wait a few months to buy another.

For simplicity and time I want an ARF. Also I will probably throw a Saito .72 up front but since I'll be pulling the radio gear from my 4*40 I might grab the engine too for starters.

I'd like to know what this plane is capable of and if it is worth the money. Comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Reply to
nate

I have a friend who is flying the Twist. It seems to be a very capable AC. He also has the .72 Saito in the nose and it has unlimited vertical. He has found it difficult to hover as it torque rolls out of it but if IMAC is your thing this plane will do everything you ask of it. The regular .40 should fly it just fine as the plane weighs next to nothing. The .72 is a bit much but comes in handy for the 3D stuff. If you are into the IMAC pattern, the Aresti from H9 might also appeal to you.

Jim W

Reply to
Black Cloud

You may want to look at the Great Planes Venus.

John VB

Reply to
jjvb