Hitec Flash 5 transmitter

If you have a Flash 5 or 5X, I'd like for you to look at something inside it. Send me an email so we don't clutter the group.

David

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

What would you like me to look at? I have a flash 5 in front of me.

Reply to
w4jle

It requires pulling the back of the tx off so you can see the circuit boards if you are up to it.

David

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

Go with request

Reply to
w4jle

I got a Flash 4 on ebay. I opened the case to check out the guts - the manual says the 5 channel stuff shows in the display and to ignore since the switches are not installed, and I was curious if maybe the connections are there.

Not many people know that a Futaba 4VF needs only a mini toggle switch and a couple short pieces of wire to add channel 5 for retracts! The pads are unused, but available and functional !

Anyway, the righthand stick ( look>Go with request

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

Above the boards that the pots connect to s a board labeled - Flash options

2 PCB - all switches go to connectors on this board.

On the top right of the board is a 5 pin connector wired from top to bottom. red black white red black going to switch 1 and 2.

The top left wired black red white red whit goes to switch 3 and 4. The right side (viewed from the back) is fed from the connector on the pot board. The same is true for the left pot board feeding the left connector.

The right hand wires feed: top to bottom red center sw1 white top sw1 black bottom sw1 red top of sw2 black center of sw2 bottom sw2 N/C

I do notice that the 2 and 3 pins on the 7 across the top board were not flow soldered like the rest and appear to have been hand added. These go from the pot board (RT02)via the option board to sw2.

Reply to
w4jle

I printed your reply. I'll take a look at mine in the next day or so, but it doesn't sound promising.

Thanks David

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH