Hobbico Spectrum, won one as a raffle prize

I was working our club's annual Pattern Contest this past weekend and received a red JR Orthopedic Hat, a Team Patrick Shirt and won the Hobbico Spectrum in the workers raffle. I figured out what to do with the hat and shirt. I am a bit confused as what to do with that Spectrum though. It looks a bit like an old Liberty Sport 20 (Yoshioka Pattern ARF) I had a number of years ago. Upon opening the box and inspection of the parts, I noticed some weaknesses: Wing center joint and landing gear need a lot of reinforcement. (Similar to problems I have seen on Ultrasport ARFs, GP Supersportster ARFs and the Hobbico Starfire ARFs.)

Did a google search and found similar complaints.

Have I overlooked some other defects? Anybody have some good, quick and dirty fixes for reinforcing the wing center section and fixed gear landing gear mounts? Other necessary Fixes?

Reply to
Furd Berfil