How to start with a hub nut?

Not for me. I've done it, and it works well. I'll not pop $8.95 for another starter cone that I don't need. Wrong for you, right for me. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

link doesn't produce anything but a towerhobbies page but no product.

Reply to
jeboba

thanks. I couldn't find any listing under sullivan S-633

Reply to
jeboba

I have this problem every time someone pastes a Tower link into their post. I thought it was just my browser, but now I think it's something with Tower's website.

Reply to
Charles Wahl

Well obviously you weren't googling

Charles Wahl

Not posting this to upset anyone, and I'm BY NO MEANS an expert, but, I rarely use a starter, this includes my combat plane with a brass hub. If your engine is running well and you prime it properly a couple of flips with a chicken stick will start it every time.

Ozzy

Reply to
John D. & Elaine R. Osbon

I have this problem every time someone pastes a Tower link into their post. I thought it was just my browser, but now I think it's something with Tower's website.

Reply to
Carrell

This newbie also has a new Saito 65 motor that does not run the best because I'm new and don't have all the fancy tools to help set things right, nor the knowledge to know what to listen for. Just got a tach and that thing seems to just give out random numbers...... I'll need to ask some experienced pilots with 4 strokes to meet me at the field and try some more. Thanks for the posts all, Mark

Reply to
Mark

It would be a very good idea for you to get some help with that engine. They are very good, strong engines, but require certain skills to tune and run them right. The tach will help. You should not tune it by ear. And you do want to get the prop nut on VERY tight. Good luck with it, Andy

We can make a box of wood.....FLY!!

Reply to
RCPILOT48

Hmm....

Check the tach against a electric light. If you are in the US the tach should show 3600 RPM. Sometimes new batteries make big differences in operational characteristics and capabilities.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Oh yeah. Clean the sensor of the tach with a Q-tip.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Be sure the electric light is a florescent light...

Reply to
w4jle

Works with incandescent and florescent, just NOT flashlights! IIRC It is actually measuring the change in the voltage of the current - Alternating Current is what most of us use.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

All electric powered lights in the USA turn on and off 120 times per second. Single-phase AC voltage is a sine wave that crosses 0 Volts twice per cycle, and our power is generated at 60 Hz or 60 cycles per second.

To the tachometer, it looks like the light is flashing on and off 7200 times per minute, which translates into 3600 RPM for a 2-bladed prop.

A DC light is all-on, all the time...

Reply to
Mathew Kirsch