Kadet / Saito 65 combo question for Newbie

Very sorry to ask this again but I lost me files containing your responses. I am having a hell of a time getting my Tru Turn spinner (2") to mount correctly on my Saito 65 for a couple of reasons, so if I have them cut a spinner for my prop I need to tell them which one? I'm flying a Master Airscrew 11/7 now but the prop is too thin for the adapter to work correctly on the Tru Turn....so....I got a 12/8 APC prop that was thicker! I will have to mod the prop (bad) or the cone (also bad) to get it to fit but at least I won't need a shim between the drive hub and backing plate.

so

Prop make / size suggestions again?

New pilot, wants Kadet to help me learn to fly, not special tricks just a good first plane.

Thanks Mark KF9TL AMA 789947

Reply to
Mark

my 2 cents For safety reasons DO NOT mod the prop it is better to cut ,grind, sand the opening in the cone than to risk the safety of yourself and others. ps. a few years ago a prop came off a modelers 4 stroke 60 and knocked the cap off his dad's head before poking him in the stomach about 2" in , fortunately he was ok and back that after noon but this could have been much worse.

I would use the prop size that performs best with the plain/ motor then mod the spinner prop holes to fit, leave a little clearance around the prop to allow for flex.

If it's just a plane to train on, don't worry about the tru-turn spinner, go buy an inexpensive plastic spinner from dubro or goldberg for about $4. You can modify them to fit the prop with an exacto knife, and you don't have to worry about an adapter because they mount on the sides rather than on the crank shaft. Or even simpler buy a dubro spinner prop nut for about $8.

Reply to
Normen Strobel

The Tru Turn is bought and I'd like to make it work. I had a plastic spinner on it and the starter wore a groove in it in a day. The prop nut idea is looking better all the time. Thanks

Reply to
Mark

Instead of changiong props or trying to modify a good prop, change to a spinner nut, such as a Dubro spinner nut. Then you don't have the space taken up by the backplate. Satios can have a short prop shaft. Good Luck, let us all know what you work out. Andy

We can make a box of wood.....FLY!!

Reply to
RCPILOT48

The prop nut gets my vote too! They work SO much better than any of the spinners I've tried. Mark

Reply to
Penguin254