[ http://www.h0bby.com ] Hobby Maker going out of business?

[
] Hobby Maker going out of business?
Subject:
Hobby Maker going out of business
sale.
From: dfdoicurmt at rycharter.net
Date: Sun Nov 8 19:44:21 CDT 2007
I read this today, my favorite online hobby company seems to be going
under???
Hi gang!
This is an all local members alert. Get over to Hobby Maker
in Austin, TX ASAP. They're having a (currently) 85% off going
out of business sale.
Catalogue of model airplanes, helicopters, ships and other hobby
items. hobby maker is a family owned and operated hobby shop
specializing in tiger fly - radio control zonetiger fly rc
microflight.
Rec.models.rc radio-controlled models for hobbyists.
rec.models.rc.air : transportation - arts & crafts: toys & gamesonline
shopping for arts & crafts from a great selection of toys & games;
craft kits, paper, red rocket hobby shop (32) =B7 rc boca hobbies
Hours are 10-7 Mon-Sat. 12-5 Sun, or go online
(h0bby is spelled with a ZERO, not an o.)
Here's just a partial list of what they have:
Dremel accesories;
X-acto knife acc.;
Rokenbok kits;
KS Metals 'Structural Shapes of Brass' display with:
E - Z - T - H - I - L beams
A display marked Sheet Strip Wire Rods;
A Plastruct Plastic Center with structual elements;
Brass and Aluminum Tubes of circle, square, rectangle,
airfoil and L and C channels;
Foil Shims;
Display of MidWest Super Sheets 7.6" x 12.6":
Polyester - .118" and .197"
Mirror Styrene - Gold or Silver - .030 to .080
Clear Lexan - .060, .080 and .118
**** PVC Foam - .118, .156, .197, and .236 ******
Plus a lot of model train electrical stuff usable in small robots;
balsa wood galore, modeling clay, etc, etc.
Too much to list.
It's a hobby shop going out of business. Get There Soon!
Now, their prices were unreasonable at their retail, but with 70% off,
brings it down to just below prices you Nov get elsewhere.
Here's what I got and what I paid:
PVC Foam 7.6 x 12.6" - .080" - orig. 3.20 =3D .96
.118" - 4.00 =3D 1.20
.156" - 5.20 =3D 1.56
.197" - 6.50 =3D 1.95
.236" - 7.50 =3D 2.25
13424 Airport Frwy, Austin, TX 76622
Regards,
--oiuElecdtro--
Reply to
oiuelecdtro
Only 4 items shown on the site, Im not surprised...
[
] Hobby Maker going out of business?
Subject:
Hobby Maker going out of business sale. From: dfdoicurmt at rycharter.net Date: Sun Nov 8 19:44:21 CDT 2007
I read this today, my favorite online hobby company seems to be going under???
Hi gang!
This is an all local members alert. Get over to Hobby Maker in Austin, TX ASAP. They're having a (currently) 85% off going out of business sale.
Catalogue of model airplanes, helicopters, ships and other hobby items. hobby maker is a family owned and operated hobby shop specializing in tiger fly - radio control zonetiger fly rc microflight.
Rec.models.rc radio-controlled models for hobbyists. rec.models.rc.air : transportation - arts & crafts: toys & gamesonline shopping for arts & crafts from a great selection of toys & games; craft kits, paper, red rocket hobby shop (32) · rc boca hobbies
[...]
Here's what I got and what I paid: PVC Foam 7.6 x 12.6" - .080" - orig. 3.20 = .96 .118" - 4.00 = 1.20 .156" - 5.20 = 1.56 .197" - 6.50 = 1.95 .236" - 7.50 = 2.25
13424 Airport Frwy, Austin, TX 76622
Regards, --oiuElecdtro--
Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople
| Only 4 items shown on the site, Im not surprised...
The post sounds like a shill anyways.
Google for `h0bby.com' ... it's obviously not legitimate.
| This is an all local members alert. Get over to Hobby Maker | in Austin, TX ASAP. They're having a (currently) 85% off going | out of business sale.
... | 13424 Airport Frwy, Austin, TX 76622
Also, living in Austin, I know that Airport is a Blvd, not a Frwy, and 76622 is about 150 miles from Austin. And there's no hobby shop here (not with a storefront anyways) by that name.
Reply to
Doug McLaren
Here's one reference that may be of help. Shop closed months ago, so this may be the liquidation.
-- map and address info
What raises the BS-detector is the
that's in the posting while the one mentioned in non-forum sites is
plus the location is Bedford TX
Reply to
byrocat
| Here's one reference that may be of help. Shop closed months ago, so | this may be the liquidation.
Liquidation? h0bby.com was sold for $500,000!
(uh-huh!)
| What raises the BS-detector is the
that's in the | posting while the one mentioned in non-forum sites is |
plus the location is Bedford TX
EVERYTHING raises the BS-detector. I doubt hobbymaker.com is related to this scammer at all ...
Reply to
Doug McLaren

Site Timeline