Identity of old airplane

As best as I can remember, the cylinders did not extend outside the cowliing.

Ron Kelley

Reply to
OP

What an interesting airplane.... but not what I'm looking for. Mine had the wing's trailing edge cut back to the fuselage, not the front. Thanks for the help though.

Ron Kelley

Reply to
OP

Try googling reconnaissance aircraft.

For some reason a lot of STOL airfcarft did that.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks for the idea... while looking through reconnaissance aircraft, I came on a link to liaison aircraft and found one version of the Taylorcraft L-2M that looks about right. It's at

and from the angle of the photo looks like the wing I remember. The only difference was the one I flew didn't have the full greenhouse "wrap all the way round" windows. It had a normal set of windows for a two place tandem aircraft. The airplane I flew in had the fuselage behind me (in the back seat) covered behind my head and overhead too. It is possible that the owner had the plane recovered at some time and did away with most of the green house, or maybe Taylorcraft made some without the geenhouse. Anyway, that looks close enough. Thanks for all the help.

Ron Kelley

Reply to
OP