Who can identify this tube frame aircraft fuselage?

Hi!

Someone in the Netherlands offers this tube frame aircraft fuselage:

I have no idea what it; the seller neither apparently. Can anyone ID it? Thanks!

Rob

My models:

Me 163B site:

Rob de Bie

Fruitbat?... could it be!

WmB

WmB

You can't mean the first Fruitbat - the one with the MTO weight issues? Chek Change' boos' to 'bos' in address to email directly

Reply to
Chek

It could be a Rans S6 Coyote... why not?

JR

"Rob de Bie" escribió en el mensaje news:41dd56d3$0$6220$ snipped-for-privacy@news.xsall.nl...

Reply to
JR

What other plane could inspire the pilot to hide his face

... BADA-BING! ;-)

WmB

WmB

Now you mention it, a search for Jupiter T. Farley turns up no photos either. Or any other info. Strange. I wonder if that's the lad himself? Chek

Change' boos' to 'bos' in address to email directly

Reply to
Chek

Isnt this the crop duster farley built in their San Fransico plant? The FruitFly?

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

I've never seen one, so could be wrong, but I always thought the Fruitfly was a less advanced machine. Chek Change' boos' to 'bos' in address to email directly

Reply to
Chek

A Ryan perhaps? Looks small enough.

Reply to
The Raven

Well there are two upper longerons and only one lower. The fuselage would probably have a triangular section aft of the pilot. The landing gear appear too robust for the WWI time. I feel like I've seen the thing but I can't quite get a mental grasp on it.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Not enough info in those small pics. It's probably some homebuilt design that got half completed and the builder lost interest. Probably not a relic that would spark our interest like "the Me-262 found in a barn..." Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

It occurred to me later offline that Ansaldo SVAs were triangular in section but I don't think their products ever had that landing gear configuration.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

BTW, it has sort of retangular shaped section. Quality of photo is awful, but this can be seen if examined properly. And after all, the final shape of fuselage is made by wooden ribs and longerons before it's covered with fabric, so not much can be determined from tube frame itself.

I'd concentrate more on landing gears and whether it was bi-plane or not. Main gears resembles a lot of Zlin ones, but they are normally attached into wings. Firewall gives a hint of rotary engine or at least engine with dry-oilsump, the small container cannot be fuel tank. Rudder also gives a hint of Bucker-Zlin origin.

I'd bet on low-wing (thick airfoil) german-originated plane from 30's. Jouni

Reply to
Lauri Törni

BTW, it has sort of retangular shaped section. Quality of photo is awful, but this can be seen if examined properly. And after all, the final shape of fuselage is made by wooden ribs and longerons before it's covered with fabric, so not much can be determined from tube frame itself.

I'd concentrate more on landing gears and whether it was bi-plane or not. Main gears resembles a lot of Zlin ones, but they are normally attached into wings. Firewall gives a hint of rotary engine or at least engine with dry-oilsump, the small container cannot be fuel tank. Rudder also gives a hint of Bucker-Zlin origin.

I'd bet on low-wing (thick airfoil) german-originated plane from 30's

Reply to
Lauri Törni

Well, check Moravan (Zlin) Z226A Akrobat.

Reply to
Lauri Törni