Can someone identify this aircraft stretcher?

A friend has a strechter that appears to have been used in an aircraft, judging from its very low weight. It is pretty old, possibly WW2, but this is not confirmed. It was bought on a flea market around 1960. The frame is made of aluminum, the pins at the corners are possibly steel (they are corroded), the fabric is canvas. A photo is shown on this page:

Can anyone identify this stretcher? The current owner (located in the Netherlands) wants to give it away, and is looking for someone interested. Please mail me if you have any information, or in case you are interested.

Rob de Bie

My models:

Me 163B site:

Rob de Bie

Is it a stretcher, or a crew bunkbed from a maritime patrol aircraft - something like the Lockheed Neptune? There don't appear to be any handles to carry it like a stretcher...

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hughes

That's a very good point indeed! We hadn't considered that. Thanks!

Rob

My models:

Me 163B site:

Rob de Bie