Looking for "Atomic Annie"

Alright, I know, TRY EBAY FIRST! But, what is the kit number and the actual designation (ie: M-102, M-2) of the weapon?

Although if anyone here has one for a reasonable price I'm game! :)

Reply to
Drew Hill

Drew Hill wrote: : Alright, I know, TRY EBAY FIRST! But, what is the kit number and the : actual designation (ie: M-102, M-2) of the weapon? : Ebay and "reasonable" are pretty much mutually exclusive. :-)

I'd suggest you search on "atomic +cannon" on the search page, and click the "include description" box. Last I checked, there were a couple of kits for auction.

I don't believe any had a model designation on them.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

Both kits were just labeled "Atomic Cannon" as far as I recall. Remember, there were two different kits released in the 1950's: a 1/40th version by Adams/Snap (which may have reappeared under the Life-Like label). The second version is the 1/32 scale kit from Renwal, which reappeared under Revell's "History Maker" limited reissue in the 1980's.

Reply to
Lafimprov

You could try Wim Vink's site:

It has an extensive article on building (or re-building) this kit, and I'm sure he's willing to answer any questions you have.

Rob de Bie

My models:

Me 163B site:

Rob de Bie

It did - Life-Like reissued all the Adams 1/40 scale military kits.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

There was an M number assigned but can't recall it off the top.

The guns were mostly labled "Gun 280mm T71 on Carriage T72" and were built by the Dravo Corporation in 1952. The carrier tractors were standardized as M249 (Front) and M250 (Rear).

It may have well been another M1 but can't be sure.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

"AMPSOne" wrote

All the documents I have refer to the T131 (later M65) gun. Was the T71 maybe the modified 240mm at the VA War Museum? The carriage was the M66 IIRC and was built by Dravo (here in Pittsburgh - like the "Little David" mortar!), the gun was made at Watervliet arsenal. The trucks were made by Kenworth.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

Kurt,

That came off the one I had to rebuild (!) for punishment while out at Fort Riley, KS. We were sealed in a maintenance tent in February with the gun (no transporters, just the gun tube and carriage) and had to strip it, repaint it, and help put it in a firing position. It still sits on top of a hill overlooking I-70 to this day.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne
Reply to
Digital Cowboy

May 1974 - April 1976. Spent all of that time with the 337th ASA Company in Building 89 on Main Post.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne
Reply to