Looking for information on F-100 Kit

Hi All,

Perhaps somebody remembers this kit. As a child, way back when, my father was very into plastic model airplanes. One of the models was of a North American F-100, either a C or D model. I'd like to identify the manufacturer and scale if anyone here should know. It had the following characteristics:

1) Movable elevators 2) Molded in Silver plastic 3) 5" HVARs on stubs and drop tanks mounted under the wings 4) Larger than 1/48 scale 5) Very pronounced rivet detail 6) First produced no later than 1969 7) Odd looking exhaust, neither the clamshell type nor the F-102 version that was used as a field mod.

Any help would be appreciated. If I can find one for a reasonable price, I'd like to build it again as the original was lost about 15 years ago.

John S.

Reply to
John Stewart

Most likely it was the Lindberg "1/48" kit:

It was re-released not that long ago, and might still be found in stores or more reliably at swap meets.

Reply to
Jessica

If so,

$23.95

Reply to
willshak

Oops, $23.99

Reply to
willshak

willshak wrote in news:ks3jtl$qvl$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

It is not the Lindberg, nor any other 1/48 kit. Too small, The model in question was larger and much less accurate, Probable scale is between 1/45 and 1/32,

Thanks for the information though.

John S

Reply to
John Stewart