Looking for information on F-100 Kit

Hi All,
Perhaps somebody remembers this kit. As a child, way back when, my father was very into plastic model airplanes. One of the models was of a
North American F-100, either a C or D model. I'd like to identify the manufacturer and scale if anyone here should know. It had the following characteristics: 1) Movable elevators 2) Molded in Silver plastic 3) 5" HVARs on stubs and drop tanks mounted under the wings 4) Larger than 1/48 scale 5) Very pronounced rivet detail 6) First produced no later than 1969 7) Odd looking exhaust, neither the clamshell type nor the F-102 version that was used as a field mod.
Any help would be appreciated. If I can find one for a reasonable price, I'd like to build it again as the original was lost about 15 years ago.
John S.
On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 16:46:11 -0500, John Stewart wrote:

Most likely it was the Lindberg "1/48" kit: http://www.scalemates.com/products/product.php?id 2487 It was re-released not that long ago, and might still be found in stores or more reliably at swap meets.
Jessica wrote:

If so, http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LNDLCF $23.95
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:

Oops, $23.99
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

It is not the Lindberg, nor any other 1/48 kit. Too small, The model in question was larger and much less accurate, Probable scale is between 1/45 and 1/32,
Thanks for the information though.
John S