Hello all. I'm posting this as an update to my query a couple months
ago about advice for successfully converting a plastic model kit of a
Hasegawa 1/48th scale F-104 Starfighter jet into a flying model
Well, the project is now complete, looks great, and has already logged
two successful C-motor flights. Thanks to everyone who offered advice
and helpful links. Below is a link with a dozen photos of
construction through the finished rocket/jet. Make sure to cut &
paste the entire link. The link works best with the Explorer browser:
A few project stats:
* Single 24mm motor mount.
* No additional fins used for stabilization.
* Lead shot fills the nosecone.
* Full cockpit was installed.
* C6-5 is best because C6-3 was too short a delay.
* Plastic Estes 18" chute to keep down the weight.
* One-inch long launch lug mounted on the belly.
* Carved balsa plug behind the nose section.
This was my first PMC, but it won't be my last.
NAR Level 2
18 years ago