Craftsman 104 conversion - update

I mentioned on here a while back that I was converting a Hornby 110 to a BR&CW 104 using the Craftsman conversion kit... Well despite one or two slip-ups along the way, I'm close to finishing it now, and I think it's come out quite well - actually managing to look quite like a 104. There's a photo on my Preston website (on the "model" page).

Please excuse the page itself which is fairly pointless at present, being just a collection of mainly r-t-r locos.

The only thing really wrong with the 104 is that the conversion was for a

3-car set where only the centre car was a trailer. What I had was a 2-car set which end up as DMC and DMBS - a configuration which isn't correct for two-car 104s which had only one vehicle driven. I therefore need a 110 centre car to complete the set. Time to dip into ebay I fear.

I'm also tempted to either cut holes in the cab backs to represent the glass behind the driver, or perhaps pant them to represent the windows with blinds down. Cab interiors are usually a step too far for me, but in this case, it's very obvious due to the size of the windows.

Adrian

AdrianB