Canopy masking with Cheap Chocolate Foil

I've mentioned Cheap Chocolate Foil a couple of times here on rec.models.scale as a perfect masking method. It's difficult to explain what chocolate and foil is required, so I made a small web page with photos about it:

I would be interested to hear whether this foil can be found in countries around the world.

Rob

My models:

Me 163B site:

Rob de Bie

Sadly, no Verkade have I found in the US. I do see Lindt occasionally. I'll look for something similar. Most US candy is now wrapped in mylar foil which is too thick and stiff. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

Could it be possible to us the foil from chewing gum wrappers? I've seen people do the same sort of thing on your site with it, except they were decorating small objects with it. Just a thought...

- Doug -

Reply to
Georgia Tech

they were decorating small objects with it.

Do you mean brands like Wrigleys? I saw that years ago, and as far as I remember it had a similar foil wrapping. Interesting, thanks!

Rob My models:

Me 163B site:

Rob de Bie