matchbox again

maybe it's me, but the 1/72 bf110 kit seems like a little
gem. while the cockpit is a bit spartan, external detail
seems excellent. there are 4 balancers, two tanks, and two
bombs. detail seems subtle and clear. comparing it to
reference pics looks good. am i missing any real faults?
also, were there ever occasions where only one external fuel
tanks was carried? i'm building the snowbird with the wasps,
and wonder if one tank is ok?
anyone want to trade the 1/8 vette for another match box 110
and one other german kit?
billy b?
Afraid I only have the one 110 and I'm trying to get rid of the remaining 'vettes here. The daughter no longer wants her kits and I have little interest in them. My 110 is done in the early scheme and sits on the shelf with almost all the other 110s out there. I never got a Fujimi which is why the 'almost'.
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Bill Banaszak
somehow i figured you have 1/2 dozen in the pile. do you like the matchbox?
I think it's a great kit and model. It's certainly near the Monogram 110E and a good deal ahead of the Frog 110G. The Airfix is excrable in comparison to all of them. Somehow I never got around to grabbing a Mbox 110 until several years ago. One of my friends had a secondhand kit store for a few years. I found one there.
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Bill Banaszak
what i really like is the fit. no worries about painting the wings seprately. i glued the tops to the fuselage and painted, then mated up the painted bottoms
I think I have the 110, but I am not sure. I recall the kit having like a hornet's head decals and a sprue molded in yellow?
I'd have to look.
Rob Gronovius Modern US armor at
Rob Gronovius
decals are right, the sprues are green blue and brow. wanna psrt with yours?
in article kpbjc.3157350$ snipped-for-privacy@news.easynews.com, e at snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote on 26/4/04 18:11:
I have a couple of the 110's in my stash but my all time fave is the Percival Provost (7 of them ,loverly kit). I have a slight problem with Matchbox kits I get them to build but never do because I might not be able to get another one, resulting in about 50 odd unbuilt Matchbox kits. I will build them one day.
Slightly interesting fact. You can fit 7 Srs1 kits in a 1kg Jacobs biscuits for cheese selection tubs.
- Rory Manton - Oh gods , why me?
Reply to
Rory Manton
why you? why anybody? -god
Why i have 5 Hawk200's
Reply to
JULIAN HALES
no 110's? is the 410 kit as good as the 110? the lindberg kit is slightly lacking.
Forget the #, took a look and looks ok, many people cut and put the front end on the Italeri hawk.
Reply to
JULIAN HALES
why would i put a 110 nose on a hawk?
The Lindberg is about as bad as you can go for a 410. I think the Frog/AMT/God-knows-who-else is a little better than Matchbox, but Italeri's is new and nice and not expensive, so why go anywhere else?
Mark Schynert
Reply to
Mark Schynert
because i already have it.
Cos you replied to my post about a Hawk200, you said 110 and i didnt know the # off hand, did you meant he ME110?
Reply to
JULIAN HALES
yes, that is what i started the thread with.
Now's the time for "Who's on First?"
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Bill Banaszak
I assume they haven't changed the instructions after all this time. I remember them telling me to put the LG doors on the wrong way. That was the first time printed references kept me from getting it wrong. The Matchbox 410 is better than the Frog or the Lindberg.
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Bill Banaszak
but not as good as the 110?