Bristol Mercury VIIIA engine

Hi I`m building Roden`s Gloster Gladiator. And I`m lokking for good quality pictures of the Bristol Mercury VIIIA engine. I found some pictures, but of poor quality. Can anybody help??

Reply to
Stig Tore Svee

Andrew Irving

There's some good walk-around pictures (B/W) in "Scale Aircraft Modelling" Volume 14 No 7, April 1992. If you don't get anything better I could send you scans of this article.

Regards

Pat Macguire

Reply to
P and H Macguire

The a/c on that site is a J8 or Mk I which has the Mercury IX (but it can't be seen anyway) -- you can also tell by the instrument panel. The Roden kit with skis is a Mk II or J8A. The Roden Mk I kit has same engine as the Mk II kit -- but also has the MK II instrment panel. Only the True Details cockpit kit has correct instr panel.

All that aside, the Mercury IX (Mk I) & VIII (Mk II) are visually equivalent -- that's the good news.

The bad news is that in the 6 books & half-dozen odd articles, there are few decent engine compartment shots. The engine is fairly closely cowled. I think the basic kit, plus Eduard PE will give you a pretty good one, unless you are trying to work on the backside (under hood) details.

I know, I'm working on 4 Gladiators right now ....

John

Stig Tore Svee wrote:

Hi I`m building Roden`s Gloster Gladiator. And I`m lokking for good quality pictures of the Bristol Mercury VIIIA engine. I found some pictures, but of poor quality. Can anybody help??

Reply to
jRatz

skis sound very cool.

Hi Thanks for answering.. If you can send me some scans it would be nice...

"P and H Macguire" skrev i melding news:bujsli$ilt56$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-172186.news.uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
Stig Tore Svee

I have an extensive collection of Mercury/Pegasus photos and drawings on my Fokker G1 page:

Except for colors I think it has all you need!

Rob de Bie

My models:

Me 163B site:

Rob de Bie