Inflight video

Here is a link to my latest inflight video. I just started messing with a ST Lab 5 in 1 eDVR camera. This is a 128 meg memory stick like camera that I picked up at the Toledo Weak Signals show. I think you'll recognize the pilot!

The plane is a Seagull Extra 300 with an E-flite power 10 motor and Thunder Power Extreme 2070 3S lipo.

Hope you enjoy the video!

Dale

Reply to
Dale

Pretty impressive! I love the camera angle and the bobble head and how the Gs affect him. Great performance on the plane. Do you have a picture of the camera and how it's mounted? mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

Nice video! Could you move the microphone a little closer to the motor/propeller, though? My eardrums didn't quite burst when I played the clip. :p

Reply to
Ed Paasch

That was with tape over the microphone. You should hear it when I take the tape off! Dale

Reply to
Dale

I have one of those "5-in-1" miniature vidcams but haven't tried it yet. I'm amazed at the length of the video the memory holds! I was thinking it would only hold a minute or two of video....

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
Robert Scott

Sweet video! I thought I saw the King lose his value meal a couple times! : )

But really though, it was cool to see what g-forces were doing, interesting.

Nice job flying as well.

Reply to
G-Dawg

Dale,

Did you have any trouble getting the device to work with your PC?

Mine works fine with my notebook, but locks up my PC (same Windows XP OS) as soon as I plug it in. Once I unplug it, things go back to normal.

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
Robert Scott

desmobob, Is this the fix you are looking for?

G-Dawg

What a great video, and what a great pilot you are Dale....Thanks for sharing it with us

Trefor

Reply to
Trefor

Ran into that problem with a Super Circuits mic. Unfortunately they are amped mics so the audio was unreal. I even wrapped the mic in EPP, radio foam and a grip of electrical tape and the resulting audio was still ear drum busting. I usually just drop the original audio down during editing to make it bearable.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

I used a two piece, plastic pipe hanger and milled it out to fit the camera. Then i drilled a hole in the fuse, just forward of the wing and ran one of the clamp bolts longer, and through the fuse. That way I can swivel the camera up or down. I'll try to post a pic soon.

Dale

Reply to
Dale

The only proble I have is sometimes I have to run the video conversion program a couple of times to get it into .asf format. The camera has 128 meg internal and will hold about 6 minutes of video.

Dale

Reply to
Dale

At 1:20 to 1:23 it appears that there might be elevator flutter. I ate a small Corsair due to the elevator servo being stripped by flutter. Have you addressed that issue?

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

I have carried video systems on 2 meter motor (electric) gliders, slope gliders, electric Wingos, Slow Sticks, and a pretty high end system on a glow powered Kadet Senior. As I understand it, with a glow powered plane you want to hard mount the camera and soft mount the engine. The best results were with the Wingo. The highest altitudes were with the Kadet Senior. Lots of vids on my site.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Not yet, but I did see that. I was in a fairly high speed dive. I am going to add a piece of carbon fiber flat between the elevator halves.

"Six_O'Clock_High" > recognize the pilot!

Reply to
Dale