it's me again.. mooney arf's?

sorry guys.. LAST stupid question of this day..
a buddy of mine asked me if any one knew who made(if they do) a
mooney ARF I've suggested a lancair or a v tail bonaza but no go...
any ideas.. thanks.
Reply to
GaijinGig
Nyet--not even a kit, that I'm aware of. MAN has a set of plans for a 1/4 scale Mite (Mooney M-18, single seat beginning of the Mooney Aircraft Co.), and there have been a few offerings of plans for one or another of the M-20 series (Mark 20, Mark 21, Super 21, Ranger, Statesman, Executive, 201, 231, 205, Bravo, Ovation, etc.) in the various mags over the years, but only one or two kits have been made available. None have been in production for years, and since it's not that popular a subject plane, it's unlikely it'll _ever_ be an ARF. That said, there's one built from plans, possibly even from a kit, hanging from the ceiling in a hobby shop in San Antone that _might_ be for sale. It's been there for at least 15 years that I'm aware of. .60 size, I _think_; I could well be wrong.
Question is only stupid if it ain't ever asked... ;-)
J.D. to e-mail, pull the post
Reply to
J.D.
Exception: Honey, your not going to wear THAT are you?
8)
Reply to
MikeF
thanks guys for the replies...
Gig..
Reply to
GaijinGig
Last Mooney kit I saw was from Jack Stafford Models. It was a Laser cut kit, not an ARF.
Jack Stafford Models is no longer around so the only way to get one is on an auction site.
Don
Reply to
Don Hatten
Good point... J.D. to e-mail, pull the post
Reply to
J.D.
thanks guys.... it was cool for all of you to reply Gig>sorry guys.. LAST stupid question of this day..
Reply to
GaijinGig