Looking for a Giant Telemaster

Anyone know where I can obtain either a kit or a pre-built plane (still in reasonable condition) Thanks in advance Lenny

Reply to
Lenny Taylor

This isn't the Giant Telemaster, but maybe it's close enough for your purposes.

Wiz

Reply to
Mike Wizynajtys

Is there a difference between 'Senior' and 'Giant' ? Cuz Hobby Lobby sells the 'Senior'.

David

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

The Giant had a 150-inch wingspan. There are a couple of photos of them out on the web. VERY LARGE

Reply to
Lenny Taylor

As has already been mentioned, the "super" or "Giant" telemaster, AKA telemaster 150, has a 150" wingspan. Its no longer sold in the US. I think its still sold in England, about $369 at the time I ran the numbers through a currency converter. Add the shipping for the large box, and I'm sure it'll go over $500.

A couple of years ago, I found out that hobby lobby still had plans for it, and I managed to purchase a set. I mentioned this on the group, someone else said they tried to order them, but were sold out.

Last winter during the swap meet season, I came across someone selling an original TM 150 kit, and bought it, for $300. That may seem steep, but try and find one now for that much. Its also cheaper than a Super Flying King, and bigger too. :) Its in my shop, awaiting the day I can build it. Bet if I put it on Ebay, I could get $500 for it easy!

Oh, and I've often thought of putting the plans I bought on Ebay, since I have a set with the kit. But please don't write and ask me if I'll sell it directly, as I haven't decided to hold them or keep them yet. :)

John

I just remembered, someone out there cuts a giant tele kit, but is about $469 I think. No plans or hardware.

Reply to
John Thompson

The Giant Telemaster is currently being re-designed and developed for kitting. The new design is lighter and stronger than the original while retaining all the great flying abilities of the Telemaster series. The new kit will probably be available in the spring of next year. Pricing has not yet been established but since it will be manufactured in the US by a well know kit manufacturer will be very competitive.

Reply to
William Craig

Hobby Country .... Sebring, Fl.

Bruce C

Reply to
Bruce_C.

$109.00 "In Stock" at

MJC

MJC

the 109.00 kit is a super telemaster. The giant tele has a 150" span. The super is 96" span.

I simply don't remember the person who was kit cutting the giant tele. You'd still need plans though.

John

Reply to
JohnT.

Ah, I didn't snap to that as I was thinking Senior in my head. Hobby Lobby not only doesn't sell the Giant TM any more, they no longer even offer the plans which they did for a while after stopping production of the kit. I got my plans for the Giant off of Ebay, however, and I'll bet that sets will continue to come up once in a while at swap meets and/or online auctions. I saw a reference somewhere a few months ago where a company in Europe was offering the Giant TM kit but it was ungodly expensive and with shipping would be sort of silly to spend that kind of money when it could be built from plans for so much cheaper. I think the answer would be for a bunch of modelers to inundate Hobby Lobby with requests for the Giant plans and see if they will bring them back.

MJC

"JohnT." wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
MJC

You must have bought my old set of plans.

I got lucky and found a kit at a swap meet.

Your best bet for a "kit" is to send the plans to a laser cutter and have them make a kit for you. I've like laserlizard.com. Good prices, good service. They actually make short kits from plans, but thats what I want.

John

Reply to
JohnT.

Doug,

If you might be interested, I have a Giant Telemaster for sale. It's built in the bones, has 40cc Aerrow gas engine mounted, throttle servo installed (no others), aluminum tubing wing struts. Price is $700 firm, & I CANNOT ship, it's just too big. Will deliver anywhere on FL. gulf coast South of Tampa.

I will also include a brand new unused rolled set of plans.

Regards,

Reply to
Herb Winston

I have one that I have been building for a while with a g38 zenoah. i

asking 500.00 it is to big to ship so you would have to live aroun alabama I can meet for small charge if interested contact me a snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com for more info check it out in the giant scal airplanes got a pict in ther

-- nick77

this thread:

nick777

On Sep 21, 6:08 pm, nick777 wrote:

It"s quite a conversation piece of airplane. 12foot wing span really makes it difficult to haul around. I think the Senior is great plenty and is probably the most docile trainer in calm winds 10miles at max with someone new. It has the capabilities of flaperon's. Still need a little power to keep it lined up in cross winds. Wings down to the wind and touch with one main landing gear and she will hold right on the ground. Its a bird that does not get lost in the sky for new people and it holds the attention of the young novice. The only other one like it was the Bud Nosen Trainer which was again a forest of balsa. I bought the plans for the Senior Telemaster and its great for teaching scratch building as the parts are quite large. I wanted the Bud Nosen and plans are available. Kits sell once in while on e-bay and go for at least $300.00. Plans are available and it won't cost you $300,00 in balsa. Be prepared to make this a winter project and start out with your rudder, elevator and wings. Love that scratch building but my heart sinks as as engine quits and its dead stick landiing time. Worse is a battery going dead, no control. This happened to me recently and the Sky God's were with me.. The plane circled came in for a gentle glide right into high weeds adjacent to a swamp. Only tore off the rudder. I am reviewing battery management and use a digital meter and recycle my batteries. Doc Ferguson

Reply to
Doc Ferguson