Magnum/ASP/SC 80 & 91 four strokes

Hi guys,
Sorry for the vague subject but I'm trying to attract the attention of those
running these engines in the hope I can locate two spare connecting rods.
One of my engines has suffered a rod failure and I'd like to replace it.
Rather than ordering one rod I'd prefer two (one as a spare) however there
is no-one in Australia who presently stocks these and all the web based
retailers have them on back order.
Does anyone have spare 80/91 rods to sell (same part for both engine) or,
could they put me onto any outlets which do have them and would be willing
to ship to Australia (paypal payments are fine)?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Regards
Reply to
The Raven
I can't answer about shipping to Australia, but try here:
and here
Good luck!
Reply to
notruthless
On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 03:39:23 -0800 (PST) notruthless remarked:
They are on backorder at Hobbypeople also. I wish I could help you. Good luck.
--=20 To reply by email, use: vhoward1122atgmaildotcom
Reply to
Vance Howard
I can't answer about shipping to Australia, but try here:
and here
Good luck!
===
Thanks for the links but I had already discovered these. The first lists the wrong rod, one for a 70. The second link shows the right part but on back order....which means "just how long do I have to wait?"
Thanks for the links anyway, at least I was looking in the same general area.
Regards
Reply to
The Raven
I could be wrong but when I broke a rod in the MAgnum 120 I got an OS 120 rod, piston and liner. They were an excact match and it is still running today. I would Imagine the 91 would be the same.
I can't answer about shipping to Australia, but try here:
and here
Good luck!
Reply to
Smee
On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 20:23:56 +1100 "The Raven" remarked:
four stroke section. Of course I would call them before ordering because the page doesn't specify stock status of any parts.
Reply to
Vance Howard
Well, there is still Ebay Item # 220291791547 and the guy is still showing 3 in stock as of 17:02 PST today. Also says he ships internationally...
Dan KE6ERB
Reply to
Fubar of the HillPeople
"Fubar of the HillPeople" wrote in message news:gogluk$f4u$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org...
Thanks for that, will place an order with this seller. I'm not too impressed that the Australian exchange rate has dropped against the US dollar.....but that's the price you pay.
Reply to
The Raven
I forgot that I'm on the advantageous of the AUS/US exchange rate. Usually its the other way round, at least when dealing with European vendors.
Dan
Reply to
Fubar of the HillPeople
"Fubar of the HillPeople" wrote in message news:goj9i6$hp4$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org...
I ordered the parts but the seller came back and (very kindly) advised he was out of stock, thus we agreed to cancel the transaction.
So, I'll have to keep my eye out for them to come back into stock.
I deal with US and UK so am aware of the annoyances of exchange rate. What I can't figure out is why the US won't buy from Australia, the exchange rate is in their favour and it's not like we're some 'dubious' trading partner.
Regards
Reply to
The Raven
I have bought from Down Under before. Best instance was when you couldn't find a Modeltech Magic here in the States for love or money. Found one for sale in Australia at a place called Sheldon's Hobbies and even with shipping came out less than if I could have gotten it at the local Hobby People. Think it only took something like two weeks to get it also. I wont hesitate to bid on an Ebay item in Australia if the seller's feedback rating is good.
Dan KE6ERB
Reply to
Fubar of the HillPeople

Site Timeline