Mig-15 ducted fan

Anyone tried this one? Looks interesting!

Reply to
CRaSH

I've come very close to ordering the Alfa Mig or Sabre. Both great-looking models with what appears to be pretty impressive performance! I just wish they were four-channel models.

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
desmobob

Do a search for "ALPHA MIG 15 BUILD" and you will find several pages of not only building hints, but testimonials of the great kit it is. As for needing a rudder, it flys to fast for it to be of any use. Only way to crash it is to have pilot error, I know as I am in the process of trying to reconstruct mine, and if that does not work I plan to purchase another kit. Gud Flying.............Dick

Reply to
Dick

Well, flying it around like a bat out of hell would surely be fun for a little while, but after that, I'd want to be able to try four-point rolls, knife-edge flight, etc.. There's still a very good chance that if I see one of the Alfa models at the WRAM show this weekend, I'll pick one up.

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
desmobob

I just received my Alfa Mig 15. I am putting in a Himax 2025-5300 an

3S TP PL 2100. I cant wait to start the build when I get home. Anyon have any tips before I begin? Wing reinforcement? Ducting

-- Pyroc

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Pyrock's Profile:

this thread:

Pyrock

I always had my eye on that kit. When you are finished and have flown it - please post your comments. They will be greatly appreciated by many on this group. regards

Reply to
zara

Thanks for the replies.. After some more investigation, I've ordered the Alfa F-86 for my first venture into ducted fans. The Mig appears to have some wing loading problems, is quite a bit faster (hence wing loading problems), plus I've been a fan of the Sabre since seeing Allan Ladd fly it in some flick back in the 50's I can't even remember the name of now. If anyone is interested, I'll post the results...... Cheers'n Beers.. [_]) Don

Reply to
CRaSH

Let us know how it flies.. I've been eyeballing both the Mig and Sabre.. It'd be cool to stage some dogfights between the two of 'em..

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego