Monster Plane Event

From: Frank Tiano

Hi all,

I promised I'd provide details on the progress of the Monster Planes event for very large Scale Aircraft, so here is what we've got so far. We have acquired a choice of 2 sites. Neither is close to the Lakeland Airport but both are very large, and within 25 minutes of Lakeland. The insurance is definitely in place, just waiting for confirmation of the dates. It appears now that dates will be earlier than first thought, looking at the first or second week of October, 2008. We'll have definite information in 3 weeks or less. My biggest concerns are the ease of driving to the site, hotel proximity and parking for motor homes. We are also revisiting the qualifications for the models. Since we are looking for really large models, we are thinking of starting the first year with a weight MINIMUM of 35 pounds DRY. There will be no maximum weight limit. We have just about locked up some sponsors that may allow us to do some very nice things for the participating pilots. I hesitate to say what just yet, but hopefully this event will be grander than originally hoped for. The Runway area at one site is Hard Surface, 100 feet wide by 3,000 feet long, and has nothing in the way in the over-fly area. The other site has as much room but the runway is Grass. The AMA will NOT be involved in this in any way, shape or form! But, just as with a sanctioned AMA event, if there is an altercation, the Insurance provided will kick in after the pilot's home owners insurance has. Every U.S. pilot will be required to sign a document that he fully understands that the AMA has nothing to do with this event. Foreign pilots must produce a document from their Flying Organization confirming that their insurance will be in effect. Both sites are so large, so any incident, or accident, would be miles from any structure. As always, I welcome sane questions at my direct email, snipped-for-privacy@FrankTiano.Com. This is shaping up to be an awesome event

I am very curious how the European modelers are reacting to such a grand event. I know that it will be very expensive to get large models shipped to Florida and then sent back. I am wondering if we get enough interest if I might be able to strike a deal with Fed-Ex in return for giving them credibility as a Sponsor. That's what I am looking into next week.

Meanwhile, if any of you have any comments or questions, or advice for that matter, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks

Frank

FTE INC.

Frank Tiano Enterprises