More on carcinigens in fuel

Hi all, I mentioned that particular post to my brother in law who is a chemeist with a PHD. He said " the nitromethane is the least to worry about. The chemicals in the oils and stabilizers in the fuel have "significantly higher" quantities of carcigenics. Use rubber gloves when handling thes products". I hope this helps.

Reply to
Mr. Mojo

chemeist with

The methanol will kill you a lot quicker!

Reply to
Sport Pilot

Castor oil is completly safe. It is used in some cosmetics.

Reply to
Sport Pilot

Castor oil is completly safe. It is used in some cosmetics.

Reply to
Sport Pilot

I think he ment the synthetic.

Reply to
Mr. Mojo

He said " the nitromethane is the least to worry about. The chemicals in the oils and stabilizers in the fuel have "significantly higher" quantities of carcigenics. ______________________________________________________ You are quite correct.

As mentioned in the MSDS for FHS Red Max fuel, that I posted a couple of days ago, the propylene oxide in the fuel is far more dangerous than either the methanol, the nitro, or the lubricants themselves.

Check the link:

Dr.1

Reply to
Dr1

Yep and now to be absoluteley sure you're not going to get an allergic reaction make sure the gloves are synthetic...... don't drink petrol(gas) or diesel fuel or use brake cleaner or smoke or .........

And the list goes on and on and on, get over it and get on with your life and just minimise your exposure you can't cut it out all together. Most people won't need to bother with gloves unless they're mixing their own fuel as there is minimal exposure unless they wash their hands in it.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dugan

Since life ultimately results in ones death, perhaps everyone should stop living as well!

Sure hope I didn't give the government a new idea here!

Reply to
Chuck Jones

"Chris Dugan" >> I hope this helps.

did Mr. Mojo say something wrong or lie, to get this kind of strange answer???

Reply to
balleyhoo

Woosh!!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dugan

The thing you need to know in conjunction with teh MSDS is the exposure levels. Many things we eat every day are carcinogens but not at the levels we consume them.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Mr Mojo hasn't come up with any mysterious secret information that hasn't been thrashed to death here many times over the years. If you are so concerned about it, go look up just about every chemical you come into contact with on a daily basis.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Shoot the Messenger -

Reply to
balleyhoo

He isn't the messenger. The messenger was shot LOOOOONG ago.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Not so sure about the cosmetics, but it certanily makes you go if you ingest it:-)))

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Fisher