MY RC TOY

hello all

my fiancee brought me this small twin motor rc plane.

seems to just use the two motors for direction and lift

any tips on flying it, i throw it, and gave it full power but it just glided into the ground?

I wanted a plane like this to just get a little air time, as i have a piper cub i am also trying to build, how ever ill go to a rc club to fly that.

Reply to
Mad Biker

Looked on the website provided, but did not see any model airplane images. It is difficult to reply without knowing which airplane you have, but it sounds like a differential thrust design with no tail control. These reviews and guidelines may (or may not) help.

WattAge Lightning

Hobbico Sky Zap
Beginner Flying Tips

aeropal

Can you give a few more details - like the name, manufacturer etc?

Reply to
Russ

sure can, its a flying eagle plane made by syma.

its one of those cheap shitty ones you get of ebay, has a small 180ma battery you charge from the controler to run the small twin motors facing outwards in the wings..

from what i can tell, its full throttle to go up.

and left and right just slows one motor down and speeds the other up.

no flaps, no other controls are movable.

so far i managed to snap the wing off, ive used some tape to put it back together.

plastic body, foam wings.

most of it seems to be in chineese or someting, so i cant tell ya anymore, very small wing span, doesnt fly very well in my first attempt.

just a toy the missus brought me to reinspire me to finish off this bulsa kit i brought 2 years ago.

Reply to
Mad Biker

Reply to
PN B

its very similar to the first one, except mine doesnt have any landing gear.

hopefully it will inspire me to go out and buy a decent arf trainer and hit the air fields

Reply to
Mad Biker

bend teh back edge of te tailplane up,till it glides flat and true,.

Thenit should climb under power allright.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The trick with undepowered models (which this one sounds like) is not to try and pull too much elevator after launching - as the plane sinks, the natural reflex is to try and pull up - doing so just creates drag and stops the plane building speed enough to fly.

Try and find a bit of a downward slope facing the wind, arc her up and give her a stable chuck into the wind at full throttle let her sink as she gains speed, all the way to the ground if necessary, and then start pulling in elevator very lightly to keep her just off the deck. With any luck, just when you think she's had it, she'll start to climb slowly and begin to fly.

Reply to
Russ

Russ,

No elevator, remember?...throttle for UP. --

Jim L.

Using - Virtual Access(OLR), ZAP 5.5, & WinXP Pro w/SP2

Reply to
Jim Lilly

Mad,

Check the tail assembly to see if it's leading/forward edge can be lowered, and it's trailing/rear edge can be raised....ever so slightly.

Also; launch INTO the wind! It won't handle much wind, but launch into the little wind you find on a calm day. --

Jim L.

Using - Virtual Access(OLR), ZAP 5.5, & WinXP Pro w/SP2

Reply to
Jim Lilly

This one doesn't have elevators.

You get two engines, each one independently controlled. More power and it climbs. Less and itr comes down. Differential thrust makes it turn...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

i accually was mucking around in the yard to see if i can get it to do something

id has some kinda scored panels you can move,

i moved the front ones behind the engines to give it some lift and a little bit of rudder to straiten her out.

so i should move the ones on teh tail as well

so far i got it in the air, it went strait for the ground, then it appeared to start to climb, before hitting the fense and snapping a prop. so ill take it to the park and give it another shot with some more flap on the back.

Reply to
Mad Biker

Oops. Sounds like he's getting sorted out anyway.

I'm guessing a snap roll is out of the question then?

Reply to
Russ

thanks for everyones help - unfortunetly we have had high winds and dust storms, so i might have to wait a bit until i can fly her again.

Reply to
Mad Biker

Yup.

The idea is to make a plane that is similar to an RC car,so that it takes minimal skill to control it.

It takes more than usual skill to trim it as a result.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher