new gas prices just posted

As I drove down a local street I noticed that Reg gas was $1.83/gallon. A half hour later on the return trip it was $1.97. Kalamazoo Michigan.. just hope model fuel doesn`t spike like that.

Reply to
SKYLANE42

I was that high earlier this week up here in Flint, but I saw A Speedway station had the price back down to $1.75 today.

Go Figure.........

SKYLANE42 wrote:

Reply to
Mike Wizynajtys

Check again Mike, Speedway raised prices to $1.97 here in the Detroit area this afternoon.

Go Figure.........

SKYLANE42 wrote:

Reply to
Harry Kolomyjec

Sheesh, in the UK it is $6.37 per gallon today. What is semi symmetrical?

Reply to
Sim

symmetrical is the same curvature on the top of the wing as the bottom.. mirror image.

Reply to
SKYLANE42

The bottom half of the airfoil is curved, but not as much as the top half.

David

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

Here in sunny Calif, gas hasn't been below $2.00 in at least two months. Regular is $2.29, #2 diesel $2.39.

Reply to
Tom Minger

But it is impossible for anything to be semi-symmetrical.

Reply to
Sim

The Speedway in Grand Blanc at the corner of Saginaw Street and Perry Road has Unleaded for $1.75 and Diesel for $1.69.

Wiz

Tom M> Here in sunny Calif, gas hasn't been below $2.00 in at least two months.

Reply to
Mike Wizynajtys

MM. Or almost right or nearly perfect.

Yet we all know what it means...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On 5/4/2004 2:10 PM Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not so great) words of knowledge:

Up here in Baltic, Connecticut gas price jumped from $1.79 to $1.84 on Monday and as of yesterday afternoon was $1.92 for regular. SHEESH !!

13 cents in 1 1/2 days. Indications are $2.00 PLUS by the end of the month. I wonder how upset the town fathers would get if got a horse ?

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

Speedway is $1.669 here in GA!

Reply to
Sport_Pilot

You wanna REALLY upset them? Get a diesel car! Not only do you now get

50mpg but pollute more as well!

Actually, modern diesels put out less CO than gas but more particulates.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

On 5/4/2004 2:10 PM Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not so great) words of knowledge:

Latest gas price in Baltic, CT as of yesterday - $1.94 for regular. The horse is looking better and better :)

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

Take it from me a Horse is way more expensive to operate especially at $4.25 per bail of hay (plus $20.00 a month in feed grain)!

Try A bike?

BTW if you want to see really HIGH prices then go on down to a marina and look at what they are getting per gallon!

I almost had a heart attack when I saw the bill to fill up my tanks!And that was 12 days ago!

Boy I do not even want to think what it will cost me around 4th of July.

Reply to
Tabernacle

You should come to this side of the pond.... 80p / litre roughly £4 / Gallon. Not sure of the exchange rate just now but it's in the ballpark of $6 / Gallon. Welcome to the world of small engines ;-)

Reply to
Frisket

This AM almost all the stations were at $2.15 or higher!

Jerr

-- tailskid

Been modeling since '49 - which makes me an Old Fart

----------------------------------------------------------------------- tailskid2's Profile:

this thread:

tailskid2

My wife works in the petroleum catalyst industry. She told me expect another round of gasoline price increases in July 05 because more stringent EPA requirements for sulphur reduction go into effect at this time. This means more refinery cost and higher pump prices to us. By the way gas hit $1.81 for 87 octane this morning in Houston, TX. I would prefer to breath a little dirty air and see prices come down, its time to roll back some EPA regulations. g

Better still, convert to alcohol as much as we can. This would employ more of our farmers and reduce if not eliminate our dependencies on Arab oil. We could also sell alcohol to our "friends". Because of the resultant mass production of alcohol, might even see a drop in the price of model fuel.

Let them eat their oil! We'll burn our wheat!

Reply to
C.O.Jones

I completely agree. There is no real reason we couldn't have at least a fair percentage of vehicles running on methanol. Only major problems come from moisture contamination in fuel systems.

I don't think we would have enough growing space to completely do away with petroleum but it would go a long way.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh