newbe question

On the Rx full charge voltage show 4.19 volt and after 90 minute still at

3.89 is this pack OK to fly with?
Reply to
poorman

"poorman" wrote in news:ZYBQc.89412$Np3.4312862@ursa- nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca:

If it's a 4-cell nicad pack, then it's acting like it has a dead cell. I'd strongly recommend dumping it.

Reply to
Mark Miller

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

I wouldn't. It measures like there's a dead cell. "Fully" discharged voltage should be 4.4v. If it's just idling (doing no work), the pack should stay in the green longer than 90 minutes. Full charge voltage should be much more than

4.19v. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"
Reply to
Dr1Driver

Nope, that voltage suggests that there's a dead cell in that 4-cell pack. Take your pick; pay $20 for a new pack and the time it takes to buy it, or $200 for a new airplane and the many hours it takes to build a new one.

MJC

Reply to
MJC

That's a bad battery. After a full charge, using Hobbico voltmeter, it should be at least 5.40 under load. I agree, it sounds like a dead cell. Heraus mit ihm!

Reply to
John R. Agnew