newbie question

greetings from michigan. santa brought me an megatech A7 tornado jet for christamas. it is my first rc plane and i am really enjoying it but unfortunately i broke the port side wing and the additional spare port side wing. the second break seems like it can be repaired with glue but I'm not sure what type to use. i thought i heard somewhere that plain elmer's glue ( the white stuff ) would work. the plane/wing is constructed of styrofoam. thanks for any info cj

Reply to
cj

Foam Safe CA/Epoxy/Elmers will all work. If you opt for the foam safe CA, you're going to need a bottle of accelerant or it's going to take DAYS to dry. *MAKE SURE* both CA and accelerant are foam safe or you'll get to see the parts melt.

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego

Polyurethane wood glue IE: Probond or Gorilla glue.

Be careful, the stuff will foam and expand as it dries. I recommend taping around the joint with the blue painters masking tape until dry. If you are the impatient sort you can buy foam safe CA "instant" glue at most places online that sell foamies (Hobby Lobby etc) Always test Foam safe CA on an old scrap first! I recommend the Gorilla glue (Lowes, Home depot etc)

Reply to
David Poles
5 minute epoxy works great
Reply to
planeman

and is heavy

Reply to
David Poles

The stuff that they sell in all of the home improvement stores in tubes, called "Goop", works great for joining foam parts and will be solid the next day.

Reply to
Forrest

The Goop i had would eat styro, was great on EPP though! mk "ask me about the day spam and junk mail kicked my a**"

Reply to
Storm's Hamburgers

Now that ya mention it, it was EPP that I used it on and didn't notice that the poster had said styrofoam. I have never tried it on styrofoam. Forrest

Reply to
Forrest