Michigan Model shows?

hi can any one tell me when and where there are model shows in michigan (detroit area)?

Reply to
Madrox

local ipms chapter prolly the best source.

I'm not totally familiar with the geography but on 8 November, 2003- PANZERFEST-is in Plymouth, MI.

Reply to
wicate

The name seems to be not to inviting...;-)

Reply to
<rgoldman

Rob,

Be of good cheer, I promised them a seminar on the T-34, one of the all-time champion panzer bashers...

Cookie Sewell AMPS

Reply to
AMPSOne

who makes the best 34/76? 1/35th, but not married to that scale.

As of right now Zvezda, but DML is finally getting around to doing a new line of 76s to match their superb 85s.

Zvezda makes a nice Model 1942 (1943) with the three-man turret, and also an STZ Model 1941. The latter needs changes to the hull to match production model tanks, though, as it comes without the "dovetail" notches in the hull.

I had a three-part series in "Military Modelling" (UK) last spring about how to convert the Zvezda Model 1942 and a Tamiya Model 1942 (1941) into an accurate Khar'kov-built Model 1941 (Vol. 33 Nos. 3, 4 and 5) if you want to go that far now.

Cookie Sewell AMPS

Reply to
AMPSOne

do you have scans of those articles?

Nope, but Squadron had the magazines listed for sale in their back issues section of the Supplement.

Cookie Sewell AMPS

Reply to
AMPSOne

thanks, i never noticed that.

Addendum:

If you want 1/72 scale, then you have a few choices, with varying quality and options. I won't go into the comparisons here, instead I'll refer you to the On the Way website article, which is excellent with good pictures for comparison.

For 1/35th Armo offers some conversion kits (hulls, turrets and fittings) for some early T-34 versions. Google searches on Armo models will find some reputable dealers.

HTH,

Steve Frost sofrostatmindspringdotcom

"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking."

- Ferdinand Foch

Reply to
Steve

it do indeed, thank you. 1/35 is my preference.