What Santa Brought

Hope you all had a good christmas and got the presents you wanted. Santa was
very kind and delivered a set of Tangye pumps as shown.

Sizes are 3.1/4" & 4.1/4", additionally but not in the photo are the same
sizes but with countrshaft and gearing.
All are approx 60 years old and unused, haveing been stored at a
distributors. Hopefully two will be out at the 1000 Engine rally next June.
They will be wiped down and sympathetically mounted.
Andy M
Reply to
andyengine
Nice presents Andy .
Santa managed to get a 1 tonne engine crane down our chimney :)
John
Reply to
jdungan100
Andy, Are you trying to make Dan "Pork Poorly" :-))
Martin P
Reply to
campingstoveman
I forgot to mention pressies, I got a good selection of books, Fred Dibnah being one of them, DVD's and my company gave me a sum of money which has gone towards the purchase of my Rover P6.
Martin P
Reply to
campingstoveman
Martin,
Don't know what you mean (he says tongue in cheek) :-))
Andy M
Reply to
andyengine
Andy,
Some how Dan found out and text me to try and wind me up, haven't found out how he knew yet :-))
Martin P
Reply to
campingstoveman
Martin,
How he know what? ;-))
Regards
Andy
Reply to
andyengine
I got "World's Fastest Indian" - excellent! - and Jeremy Clarkson doing nasty things to American cars - mildly amusing if laboured sometimes.
At the Mince Pie crank up I found a couple of bits & pieces and an old oscilloscope. Dunno if it works yet. One of the club members very kindly brought me an Avo. Not perfect but a WW2 Air Ministry item, so worth pursuing. Turns out during Christmas family do conversation with Daughter's partner that his mate at work fixes them !
Sadly, my old dog Harry reached the end of her tether on Christmas Eve & we had to take her to the RSPCA for a quiet end at 8.30PM. I believe we were not far ahead of the grim canine reaper and that she'd crammed a fair bit into her 15 years of life. We are now petless for the first time in around thirty years & it is very odd to come into a dark, quiet house without window nose daubs and hairy additions to the carpet's pile. Hazel says we are not looking for a swift replacement, but we'll see........
Regards,
Kim Siddorn
If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
Reply to
Kim Siddorn
The new "Fred" book.Great read ,nearly finished it in fact I'm rationing myself to a few pages at night before I go "beak under wing". A couple of SBAC DVDs 1949-86.
Mince pie crankup was B****y cold and for once I took an engine my latest purchase a new old stock 1hp O&R with reduction gearbox.Transportation was easy ,a supermarket plastic carrier bag.Not run it yet due to a age hardened and shrunken fuel pipe.Engine came with a brown envelope containing all the paperwork spares list and operating instructions.There is quite a healthy website for these units. Mike.H.
Reply to
Mike.H.
I thought the J Clarkson DVD very good, especially when he rid the world of another motor cycle.
Martin P
Reply to
campingstoveman
As Mike says, the Wessex mince pie crank up was cold. Quite well attended though - about twenty engines & fifty people. Oddly enough, this was an almost identical figure to be found at the New Year crank up held by the Bristol & SGSEC on Sunday. They did burgers too ;o)) We had a barn to hide in but apart from the wind chill, the weather was dry. Packed up & went home as it started to rain.
Anyway, the valve oscilloscope I bought for a pittance at the Wessex do was.fired up over the weekend & I found that of my two valve signal generators, only one appeared to be doing so. Ossy worked just fine, so another addition to my growing collection of aging electronic toys.
Anyone fairly local to Bristol that can look at the signal genny for me? Not expecting it done for nothing of course.
You don't like motorcycles then Martin? Unusual for an engine man I'd have thought.
Regards,
Kim Siddorn
Reply to
Kim Siddorn
Had a big wooden spoon in my hand at time rotating back and forth :-))
Martin P
Reply to
campingstoveman