What you get for Christmas?

I got more Woodland Scenic trees,

Reply to
Rob Kemp

Oh dear, this seems a bit decadent in comparison.

I got two Bachmann Flying Pigs, one early and one late crest. I think there must have been some co-operation between my wife and father. What marvellous models. I am finding it difficult to put them back in their boxes.

Reply to
crazy_horse_12002

crazy_horse snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

Ditto ...

A brand new bench mounted combined belt and disk sander ... to be used mainly for building buildings!

Oh and a shed load of book tokens.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Put the locos on the layout, sell the boxes on eBay Keith

Reply to
Keith

I also got socks, pants and one of those things with a raffia work base :-)

Reply to
Rob Kemp

A Hornby Class 110. Luvvverly :-)

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

More bottles of whisky (both malt & blended) than I can consume before the end of January! :-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Must ry harder John!!

Class 60, very nice, another 4 please¬

!.

Reply to
Piemanlarger

With all that whisky to consume, order 2 and you might well get 4, but there again you might only receive one!....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Come on John, do your best, were all counting on you!!!!!!!!!!! Rob

Reply to
Rob Kemp

In message , John Turner writes

It looks like one of my new 57XXs has been at your whisky, John! When coming round the S-bend pulling a ten-coach train at top speed, it derailed, unhooked from its train and flew off the layout in a downward parabola, and tried to tunnel into the earth. Maybe it was chasing the squirrel that was running down the trackbed earlier in the day.

The only thing that broke on the loco was the front NEM pocket (part No.

150-146) which is made of that soft acetal plastic and is supposed to be unbreakable. Everything else (including the coupling itself) is OK. Unfortunately, I can't report this to Bachmann at the moment as they are on holiday until 3 January and they have disabled the "Contact us" part of their website.
Reply to
Jane Sullivan

":::Jerry::::" wrote

My wife is ALWAYS sober Jerry, that there's little risk of that! ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"Jane Sullivan" wrote

You don't need to report it to Bachmann - I'll get a couple of them in the post to you on Wednesday when we and the Post Office return to 'action' after the Christmas break. In future though will you keep your Panniers away from my whisky though? ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Four of the new Hornby LMS coaches. Considering that I have a large collection of Staniers built from my own '5522' etched kits they compare pretty well with them, though I won't be running them in the same trains. The roof ventilators are a bit small, the corridor connections are far too short (to suit little Johnny I guess) and the bogies have developed some tie bars which do not exist in the prototype (TSLJ). Frankly though giving these models to LJ would be folly indeed. I have never seen so much fine (and breakable ) detail on any RTR coach ever. If this is where RTR is going then kits for these protypes are utterly pointless (and probably un-saleable). The bogies are fascinating. Tiny details like the tie bars being different for the two types (welded and rivetted) are correct and the

5ft springs on the later bogies are also present. Amazing!

Alistair Wright '5522' Models

Reply to
Alistair Wright

Socks, underware, a jacket and two sweaters. Why?

-- Merry Christmas to all. Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

In message , Roger T. writes

What? No 2-10-2s (with sound)?, 12-packs of hoppers/boxcars/whatever?

People in your neck of the woods are so unoriginal when it comes to giving presents :-)

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Similar here, socks, vests, brandy, bugger-all railway related :-(

Reply to
badger

Lucky you. The store which sells my socks, boxer shorts and (imported Dutch) beer is being bulldozed to make way for Ikea. I shall have to spend the New Year both naked and sober.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

A Toddler subscription from my Mum. Except I didn't *know* it was from her because the Jan issue turned up on Thursday, with no covering letter and nothing to indicate that it was a sub. copy! Only by some intense questioning, did the truth emerge!

Del

Reply to
Derek Heath

"kim" wrote in news:dopnaf$v7e$ snipped-for-privacy@domitilla.aioe.org: