What you get for Christmas?

I got more Woodland Scenic trees,

Oh dear, this seems a bit decadent in comparison.
I got two Bachmann Flying Pigs, one early and one late crest. I think there must have been some co-operation between my wife and father. What marvellous models. I am finding it difficult to put them back in their boxes.
crazy_horse snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote in

Ditto ...
A brand new bench mounted combined belt and disk sander ... to be used mainly for building buildings!
Oh and a shed load of book tokens.
--
All the best,

Chris Wilson
On 25 Dec 2005 10:47:50 -0800, crazy_horse snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

Put the locos on the layout, sell the boxes on eBay <g> Keith
I also got socks, pants and one of those things with a raffia work base :-)

A Hornby Class 110. Luvvverly :-)
Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

More bottles of whisky (both malt & blended) than I can consume before the end of January! :-)
John.

Must ry harder John!!
Class 60, very nice, another 4 please
!.

before the

With all that whisky to consume, order 2 and you might well get 4, but there again you might only receive one!....
":::Jerry::::" wrote

My wife is ALWAYS sober Jerry, that there's little risk of that! ;-)
John.
Come on John, do your best, were all counting on you!!!!!!!!!!! Rob

It looks like one of my new 57XXs has been at your whisky, John! When coming round the S-bend pulling a ten-coach train at top speed, it derailed, unhooked from its train and flew off the layout in a downward parabola, and tried to tunnel into the earth. Maybe it was chasing the squirrel that was running down the trackbed earlier in the day.
The only thing that broke on the loco was the front NEM pocket (part No. 150-146) which is made of that soft acetal plastic and is supposed to be unbreakable. Everything else (including the coupling itself) is OK. Unfortunately, I can't report this to Bachmann at the moment as they are on holiday until 3 January and they have disabled the "Contact us" part of their website.
--
Jane
OO in the garden http://www.yddraiggoch.demon.co.uk/railway/railway.html

You don't need to report it to Bachmann - I'll get a couple of them in the post to you on Wednesday when we and the Post Office return to 'action' after the Christmas break. In future though will you keep your Panniers away from my whisky though? ;-)
John.
Socks, underware, a jacket and two sweaters. Why?
-- Merry Christmas to all. Roger T.

What? No 2-10-2s (with sound)?, 12-packs of hoppers/boxcars/whatever?
People in your neck of the woods are so unoriginal when it comes to giving presents :-)

--
Jane
OO in the garden http://www.yddraiggoch.demon.co.uk/railway/railway.html
Roger T. wrote:

Similar here, socks, vests, brandy, bugger-all railway related :-(

Lucky you. The store which sells my socks, boxer shorts and (imported Dutch) beer is being bulldozed to make way for Ikea. I shall have to spend the New Year both naked and sober.
(kim)

One out of two isn't bad. ;-)
--
All the best,

Chris Wilson
kim wrote:

What is a "second radius" in inches or centimetres?

http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/track-conversion.htm
--
Martin S.