What you get for Christmas?

"Jane Sullivan

The most "beautiful" diesel locomotive? The Westerns, (Don't know what their boring class "number" was), even if they were "Western".

-- Happy New Year to all.

Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

"Roger T." wrote

Class 52!

Just shows that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - I never had much time for the Westerns, they never had the appeal of a 'Peak'! ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Industrial designer. He also styles the NYC's 20 Century Limited streamlined steam engines. Industrial designers aren't generally known by name, and some probably didn't think of themselves as designers of s style or look, but they have more to do with the look of our environment than any other group.

De gustibus non est disputandum.

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

John Turner wrote: I never had much