What did you get for Xmas?

I got a Heljan Western, Trees, and socks..
How about you guys?
Rob
Reply to
Rob
Rob offered me a plate of cheese and whispered:
I got a Gresley coach, RJ Harvey's Locomotives In Detail book of the Merchant Navy class... and socks!
Merry Christmas, everyone! :-D
Reply to
Enzo Matrix
Finally got my new soldering iron.
Reply to
Chris Wilson
Chris Wilson offered me a plate of cheese and whispered:
Nice! But didya get socks? ;-)
Reply to
Enzo Matrix
Bachmann Limited Edition K3 late-crest (weathered). The weathering is much heavier than suggested by the pre-publicity photo. The lining and crest are barely visible. The weathering to the running gear is very haphazard and there are chunks of it mssing in places. I have to say as a non-LNER fan the loco is far more elegant than I expected with the weathering helping to soften its lines. It's almost as good as an LMS design. I didn't realise till now that the smokebox door opens. I haven't removed the loco from its box yet as the detailing looks very fragile and there is a risk of not getitng it back in without damage.
No socks.
(kim)
Reply to
kim
No but two new ties from my little 'uns.
Reply to
Chris Wilson
In message , Rob writes
No modelling stuff.. :-( Then again, I prefer to get it on my own, they'd only go and buy me something from Gods Woeful Railway or something similar.. Got a nice 15 year old bottle of malt, a printer to print my digi foties, oh yeah, and I got socks! But kilt socks at that.
Reply to
James Christie
Is that sox appeal?
Reply to
Christopher A. Lee
A Bachmann unweathered K3, which is a marvellous model and will look great at the head of a few Gresleys. Thankyou Santa.
Reply to
crazy_horse_12002
"kim" wrote
Nothing to fear. I've tested about 40 of these so far and not done any damage. Incidentally all run beautifully, unlike the Jinty.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
Me, I got Thomas and friends and a shirt
......................Leslie
Reply to
Leslie
In message , crazy_horse snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk writes
I'm waiting patiently for the LNER and the BR Late Crest versions. For something I really can't abide having the ferret and dartboard on my layout. Though I might make a small exception if I ever get round to building an EM2, either Tommy or one of the production series. No OHLE though, can't bring myself to fit any, though I have loads of steam in LNER/BR and couple of Terriers in green (well they really are such great looking little engines) and I model the diesel era from the 70s onwards, they share a common layout, but I keep the operating sessions totally separate. I may have to ask 'her indoors' if I can take over the spare room and build a layout with full OHLE. Will need to put on my tin helmet though.
'YOU WANT TO DO WHAT!, GOD, MORE BLOODY TRAINS'..
Ooh er, well maybe I'll bribe, er sorry buy her something to ease the impact when she finds me setting up baseboards.... :-)
To everyone:
Nollaig chridheil agus Bliadhna mhath ur!
Reply to
James Christie
Bloody frogs - now they're hijacking a .uk newsgroup!
Salty
Reply to
The Old Salt
Nadolig Llawen!!
Reply to
Ben C
"Rob" wrote
Me? I got a hangover! It was fun getting it though. :-)
John.
Reply to
John Turner
In message , The Old Salt writes
(Cough) Says the Anglo-Saxon......
Ya hun...
:-)
Reply to
James Christie
:-)
Salty
Reply to
The Old Salt
In message , James Christie writes
Nadolig llawen a blwynedd newydd dda.
Reply to
John Sullivan
Gaelic yes but Scots Gaelic.
Reply to
Bruce Fletcher
Nothing modelling-wise as presents, but I did get 'Trainz Railway = Simulator'. However, I did buy myself eight Lenz decoders, plus two function only = decoders, and Express Models lights for two Bachmann 08's, a Lima 156 = and a Bachmann 158.
Reply to
Dave Potter