What did you get for Xmas?

Do you think he got confused between garlic and gaelic? :-) In any event the French form is not French Gaelic, its Breton. And a lot of people in the 'Far Ouest' will get rather upset if you call them French...

Reply to
James Christie

James Christie wrote:-

It's 'Gallic', as in 'Gaul'. eg: French layout = Gallic subject. The Gauls themselves were superceded by the Franks who derive their name from the hand-axes they were so fond of carrying.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"kim" wrote

The Irish use 'Gaelic' - try putting Gaelic Football into Google and see what you get.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

My kids keep singing Christmas songs in Welsh. Only been living here 18 months and they think they're locals already!

Best one I overheard was one daughter saying to the other: 'let's sing it in Welsh, the English version is boring' !!!

Mikey K Pembrokeshire WALES

Reply to
Mike Kerslake

When are you taking Welsh lessons so you can keep up with them?

Reply to
John Sullivan

Frankly, I'm surprised they had the gall.

Reply to
MartinS

In message , John Turner writes

Almost as good a sport as Shinty...

Reply to
James Christie

Q: Who looked after Charles De Gaul in his dotage?

A: De Gaul keeper!

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

I'll just hum along with the tune...

:-)

Mikey K Pembrokeshire WALES

Reply to
Mike Kerslake

James Christie wrote:-

I think you are confused between Gaelic and Celtic? Bretons are Celtic with red hair and green eyes. They are the same race as Cornishmen. I play ancient wargames and this sort of thing comes up a lot.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Asterix the Cornishman doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

In message , kim writes

Sorry, it was me who thought you were confused between the two, and I was trying to clarify it. I'm going to stop now before I get confused...

Reply to
James Christie

"you can never have too many socks" Albus Dumbledore.

I got socks, OO scale lorry and a few other non-railway bits, Eldest son got a 00 scale Bus, youngest got an extra coach to go with the Corination Scot train-pack he got for his 8th birthday 10 days earlier...

Niel.

Reply to
Badger

Niel wrote:-

I'm beginning to feel left out of this thread. Next year I will leave instructions that I'm to be given nothing but socks. No railway models, no railway books, no books on local history, no Busby Berkeley movies and especially no more Sarah Brightman CD's. Just socks.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Life really socks.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

"Christopher A. Lee"

Sock it to me.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

"kim" wrote

Sarah who? ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Gravy, booby.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

kim offered me a plate of cheese and whispered:

How many feets do you have?

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

John Turner offered me a plate of cheese and whispered:

Sarah "I Lost My Heart To A Starship Trooper" Brightman.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix