Newbie question about controls

Hi, I just received my first RTF trainer, and I think the rudder control may be reversed. When I move the rudder control stick to the right, the rudder moves to the port side (left). If I'm not mistaken, this seems reversed to me. I wanted to get clarification from the pros before I took my first flight.

Also, while on the subject, what is the correct stick position for the elevator control? Currently, when the eleveator control stick is in the down position, the rudder is up. Is this correct?

Thanks Brian

Reply to
<bc>

You are correct, the end of the rudder should move to the side that the stick points to. The elevator should move up when you pull the stick down (towards the bottom of the transmitter), so that servo is correct. Just use the reversing function on your transmitter to fix the rudder, since it is a new setup it should be there.

Jim

Reply to
James Beck

Reply to
<bc>

Just to be safe, the rudder movement relative to the stick is when you are BEHIND the model and looking at it. If you were in front of the model and facing it, the rudder would move opposite of the stick.

Reply to
Chuck Jones

Yes, good point. I ALWAYS make sure I am looking at the controls from behind, just like as if you are sitting in the plane.

Jim

Reply to
James Beck

And the plane should be right side up too ;)

Reply to
Steve Banks

You are of course referring to the pre-crash mode! :)

Reply to
Chuck Jones

Hi, my name is Mo and it's been almost 3 years that I have flown RC plane. I moved to Liberty, Missouri about 1 year ago. While I was working on my lawn, I thought I heard the RC plane sound and I saw rc planes beyond the golf course next to my home. I think the name of the park is Hodge park. I tried some Google search and other searches but came empty. Can anyone direct me to a national listing of flying clubs or the club that uses the Hodge park? Thanks in advance.

- Mo -

Reply to
Mo

Can anyone