Simulator / Real Flight question

I'm planning to purchase a flight simulator - one which will interface to my transmitter. I'm considering the RealFlight G3 with USB link. I noticed on a vendor's website they have two versions: one for Mode 1 and one for Mode 2. I'm wondering why there are two versions. Why is the mode not software configurable? I am a novice, so I might be missing something here. On my transmitter I use the left stick for elevator and rudder, the right stick for ailerons(coupled to rudder).

Regards,

MB

Reply to
somewildmonkey

It is to do with the controller that comes with the application mostly - the throttle control does not self centre like the other controls, so you need to choose which arangement suits you best. I am not sure whether you can fiddle with the inards if you want to change it later, but best to order the version you want to use now. My Realflight controller is the same setup as your (and my) xmitter

David

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
quietguy

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't realize that it came with a controller, as well as having the ability to connect to an actual transmitter. Looking over the knowledge base on their website, they have an article on how to change the controller from mode 1 to mode 2 if ever necessary.

Regards,

MB

Reply to
somewildmonkey

===================== Using your own transmitter, through the interlink controller, you can use modes 3 and 4 in addition to 1 and 2.

Reply to
Carrell

| I'm planning to purchase a flight simulator - one which will | interface to my transmitter. I'm considering the RealFlight G3 with | USB link. I noticed on a vendor's website they have two versions: | one for Mode 1 and one for Mode 2. I'm wondering why there are two | versions. Why is the mode not software configurable? I am a novice, | so I might be missing something here.

No, I think you're thinking more than most about it :)

I think the main difference is about which sticks are ratcheting and which return to center automatically. You could open up your transmitter and adjust it yourself if you needed to, though I guess that would void your warranty.

| On my transmitter I use the left stick for elevator and rudder, the | right stick for ailerons(coupled to rudder).

Sounds like you're using Mode 1.

More on the various modes --

The US uses mostly Mode 2. I've heard that Mode 1 is mostly used in Europe, but don't have any first hand experience with that, or with Mode 3 or 4. Looks like you're in Japan ... no idea what's popular there.

And yes, RFG[123] does come with a controller. There's really no need to use your own controller for most things, but if you want to, the option is there with the later RFG2 controllers and the RFG3 controller.

Reply to
Doug McLaren