FMS vs. Real Flight G2 and Extreme

Just wondering how FMS compares to Real Flight and Extreme. I just ordered RF G2 based on several people telling me it's better than FMS.. did I waste my $$?

(ugh!)

Thanks,

Jason the NOOB

Reply to
Jason

Only because you didn't go for G3 I reckon - there is no comparison between G2 and FMS in terms of pleasureable use, except of course that for those short of cash FMS is a marvellous piece of software. I have no idea what Extreme is like

David - a happy G2 user

Jas> Just wondering how FMS compares to Real Flight and Extreme. I just

Reply to
quietguy

Yes

Reply to
jl seagull

On 12/6/2004 6:44 PM Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not so great) words of knowledge:

FMS is a very good program, especially for the price.

On the other hand, G2 (and G3) allow you to have REALISTIC take offs, landings and manuvers. The graphics are much better - actually there is no comparison. RealFlight also lets you "customize/create" your own flying site in addition to having several already made sites, and, to me, the best part is being able to program in the wind.

I feel the planes perform a lot closer to their real counterparts than in FMS. You also do not have to use your own radio in order to use the program.

I feel the money is well spent on RealFlight. It is one of the best, if not the best, simulator out there.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

Thanks to those who responded. I see like everything else it's completely subject to personal preference. I guess the bottom line is if the $$ sims were a waste, there wouldn't be so many of them on the market. FMS might be good, but if it was that great, like I said, people wouldnt keep buying the retail sims.

Thanks again to those of you who took the time to respond via newsgroups and email.

Reply to
Jason