next model

Hi all, I am trying to decide what model to buy for my next step up from my trainer. I want to use my current engine (IRVINE .46) and want to do aerobatics. Any advice would be appreciated there is so much to choose from ie. low/shoulder wing, symetrical / semi symetrical........... I would prefere it to be ARTF. thanks. Andy.

Reply to
Andy

You need to give us an idea of what you want to fly, then we can recommend planes within that type. Depending on your level of skill, you can fly almost anything as a second plane, with more or less difficulty. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

Sig 4*40 arf.

John VB

Reply to
jjvb

On 5/4/2004 5:25 AM Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not so great) words of knowledge:

Take a look at the Sig 4*40, World Models Rambler 30, or Goldberg Tiger II. Both are excellent 2nd planes: ARF, low wing, aerobatic with a 46 and land at trainer type speeds, and cost ABOUT $130 - $150.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

Hangar9 Ultra Stick .40 !!!!

US$ 129

Use 4 servos for aileron and flaps and computer radio for mixing the crown feature.

Reply to
Stefan Letzow

A really stable aerobatic model with excellent low speed characteristics is the Sig Somethin' Extra. It is not an 'ideal' second plane as it is fully symetrical with no dihedral, but it can fly like a kitten if you have dual rates.

Reply to
Sisyphus

"Really stable acrobatic model" is somewhat a contradiction in terms. Be that as it may, consider the Sig Four-Star .40 ARF. Can't go wrong, within your parameters.

Reply to
John R. Agnew

I agree with the 4-star in either arf or kit. It's a great plane.

Reply to
pfd27