RC kit wanted

I am looking for a Trainer 40 or a Trainer 60 kit by Great Planes. It has been discontinued and I am getting back into the hobby and would like this kit again. Please email me with info. Shortsnorter

Reply to
shortsnorter

You're probably asking about the Great Planes PT-40 MK II or PT-60. Both kits are available from Tower Hobbies. You may want to check them out at Tower's web site

. If you search under "Airplanes" and under that "R/C Airplane Kits - Trainers" you will find the two planes listed. The PT-40 MK II is under the .20-.50 link, and the PT-60 is under the .51 and Up link. Good luck.

Very respectfully, Harry Sanchez

shortsnorter wrote:

Reply to
Harry Sanchez

As far as I know , Great Planes discontinued the Trainer 40's and 60's in the early 90's. They were a good step up from the PT (perfect trainer) 20 ,40 , and 60 series. A lot more aerobatic due to the symetrical airfoil. The PT series all have a flat bottom wing and build with a LOT of dihedral if built according to plans. I would look around at some of the other airplanes in this category as there are many out there that outperform the Trainer series. I think you will find an airplane that you will like much better.

If you're determined to get one , you may try E Bay or call some of the older hobby shops. Personally , with all thats available now , I would opt for something else. I hope this helps you.

Ken Day

Reply to
Ken Day

Try the RCM Trainer Jr. in, well, RCM Magazine

Kitted by Bridi back in the day

Don

Reply to
Don Hatten

Hey snort, I was in the same situation. I had a .60 GP trainer a while ago. When I got back into it I found the Slinger to be a good flying-oriented option, affordable/durable/acrobatic and convenient. I had to log some time on a computer simulator (FMS) before I wasn't crashing it every time out though. I had to replace the wings once ($22).

Tower offer:

Video:
Thanks, Steve.

Reply to