Help..Looking For Plans For Great Plans Decathlon

Hi,
A while back I purchased a Great Planes Super Decathlon 40 kit
at a swap meet and never noticed the plans where missing. Now
that I want to build it, I have no plans to do so. The plane has
been discountiued. If you can help please email me at
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com
Thanks a million
Steve
Reply to
Steve Rogers
i can email it to you. mk
Reply to
MK
Great Planes will send you the plans if you call/email and ask them.
From what I've heard, you may be better off leaving the kit in the box... I think the airplane gods are trying to tell you something :)
Reply to
Mathew Kirsch
Great Planes will send you the plans if you call/email and ask them.
From what I've heard, you may be better off leaving the kit in the box... I think the airplane gods are trying to tell you something :)
Reply to
Mathew Kirsch
What's wrong with this airplane?
Reply to
KB
This design is an accident waiting to happen. It flys great - until it crashes, which it does often. It has an odd unrecoverable stall like a falling leaf. If you take off too slow, it rolls back and forth and finally over and crash. I read from GP that you need to build in 3 degrees of washout in the tips. It also heavy. Try to modify to lighten. You should also add ply reinforcement to the cabin structure or it will break on the first crash. Go with the longer wingtip version also. I'm stubborn and still flying one after 3 major crashes (one of them mine).
Bob
Reply to
Bob