NOTAMS and RC Aircraft

The FAA is probably being used as the instrument to inform out of convenience. And you'll be lucky if it is the local police that show up. There are a few groups that might be as "gentile" in their enforcement of the NOTAM.

My main concern is that a few stupid hot heads could conceivably screw the pooch for all of us! And I have no doubt that some here are quite experienced at screwing the pooch!

Reply to
Chuck Jones

| I'd pray for 50 kt winds in the JAX area during the Superbowl if I | really thought somebody would take that notion seriously.

Personally, I'd love for some 50 knot winds to hit around here (Austin, TX.) I have more fun slope soaring than pretty much any other sort of R/C flying -- mostly because I spend my time actually flying, not fiddling with the engine, or charging batteries. And because the planes I fly are usually almost indestructable, so I can be more `daring' without risking destroying my plane.

The strongest winds I've tried flying in have averaged out at around

35 mph with gusts to 50 mph (and that was a blast!), but I certainly wouldn't mind getting the goggles out (even 30 mph winds play havok with your eyes) and start taping lots of ballast onto my plane and giving it a shot :)

50 knots (57 mph) might be a bit on the high side, but I'd give it a try!

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Damn right, lets keep all the reasonably minded people out of the USA. They could spoil it for us! CM

Reply to
cm

If you regard giving aid and comfort to the enemy as reasonable, knock yourself out!

Reply to
Chuck Jones

Paul- When will you stop talking to stones?

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Abel

Reply to
Abel Pranger

Nothing is forever, not this rule, ourselves, this country, nor this earth.

Reply to
Sport Pilot

"Chuck Jones" SNIP

So, this leads me to understand that you are not in favor of the Patriot Act? That POS should be burnt and the morons that wrote it should be shot, there assets seized sold at auction and the proceeds donated to the Red Cross/Crescent.

Where things are going right NOW is wrong. PERIOD and I'm no liberal...or dipshit conservative. I just ride and fly...what else is there? TRY to restrict my life...just try.

Reply to
Keith Schiffner

Agreed.

This is a major theme of Ecclesiastes. Starting with your premise, he concludes:

"Go, eat your bread with joy and drink your wine with a merry heart, because it is now that God favors your works. At all times let your garments be white, and spare not the perfume for your head. Enjoy life with the wife whom you love, all the days of the fleeting life that is granted you under the sun. This is your lot in life, for the toil of your labors under the sun. Anything you can turn your hand to, do with what power you have; for there will be no work, nor reason, nor knowledge, nor wisdom in the nether world where you are going" (9:7-10).

What this means to me in on-topic terms is that I'm gonna build, fly, crash, and repair my model airplanes as long as I can. And when the time comes that I'm too old or feeble to do that, I'm gonna get on newsgroups and lie about my accomplishments with gratitude to the Powers That Be. ;o)

What a great hobby!

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

You should see just HOW much restriction is built into that system! US service persons living outside the US cannot get a credit card unless they have a physical address in the US. Most of them that I know have an APO/FPO which doesn't qualify.

Americans returning to the US from overseas travel, even on official business with official passports are treated like criminals!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Who the hell is giving aid and comfort to the enemy? I am over here making sure that our service people have the best weapons we can afford to give them. With all the massive cuts coming from this administration, I don't see how we will be able to sustain what we have.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

How true.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

You know Paul, you've peddled this line of lies before. I know many military who have had no trouble having credit cards over seas. In fact, I know a civilian couple currently in the UK who have absolutely no problem. Your problem is you're too flipping stupid to figure out how to do it. You'd rather whine about it than actually learn something new.

Imagine! Paul expects to be treated like royalty after spewing his anti-american clap trap on international forums!

Whine some more you jerk!

Reply to
Chuck Jones

Your anti-american diatribes on this international forum encourage our enemies! Gives them hope! And possibly makes them think that if they kill one more American soldier, blow up one more vehicle, ambush one more squad! Then maybe the point will be reached where the American Public demands a pull out!

And if that happens I will look you up! And I will demand you explain to my niece why her daddy lies in Arlington! Or your security officer and I will have a nice little chat about your posts here and elsewhere.

Hell! Maybe I'll chase him down anyway!

Reply to
Chuck Jones

Annoyed yet Able? Going to filter me again? Sooooie! Does that make you want to come running?

Reply to
Chuck Jones

"Chuck Jones"

SNIP

Better yet chuck, when the heck are you going to realize that the Patriot act is the biggest infringement on your civil rights in decades? Hmm...it needs to be struck down, period end of discussion. You are either willing to be enslaved or you're going to fight like a cornered wolf. Which is going to be? Now drop all this American political s**te and take it elsewhere. I LIKE Montana!

Reply to
Keith Schiffner

Bite me you nazi.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Gee how you seem to forget how I supported Bush when he wanted to go to war. Now that the truth comes out you forget all that.

Show me ONE anti-American diatribe. Go ahead just ONE. Remember, it has to be anti-AMERICAN, not just anti-BUSH or anti-loss of personal protections.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Sorry, Keith. that last bit wasn't meant for you.

BTW, 8 city and county resolutions passed in Montana!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

"Keith Schiffner" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@vnet-inc.com:

Except the old boy Lucas made electrics a bit of a challenge (he invented darkness). The venerable Austin-Healey was just as much fun.

However, I must say that the colonists have been in a state of discontentment ever since they dumped all the lovely tea we gave them, tisk.

One shouldn't be afraid to open those boxes, afterall your R/C Gloster Gladiator was a dashing success of a biplane, UK narrowband and all. And I am waiting with delight to see your ducted fan Avro Vulcan Bomber.

Sorry to hear that, my condolences. He looked brilliant with that crossdressing bagpipe unit.

- HPT

Reply to
High Plains Thumper

It's called common sense. Look at it using that and it doesn't pass the test.

It's hard to offend me. But let me reiterate...let's just ditch the American politics, PLEASE. The other readers who AREN'T from the US don't need to deal with our problems. You don't see anyone else voicing their countries dirty laundry do you?

Reply to
Keith Schiffner