Nova Tech Stingray

I recently purchased (second hand) a Nova Tech Stingray slope glider.

have plans, carbon fibre/kevlar skin and the parts minus the canopy. There doesn't seem to be any construction guide. Is there anyone ou there who has built one of these really cool planes and has construction guide. Thanks in advanc

+------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: images.jpg |Download:
Gemitaur

It was reviewed some years ago by Quiet Flyer , then called S&E Modeller. It might be worth the download price of $1.99

Garvey

Garvey

I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures, make sure you post plenty.

Reply to
Garvey

Well I finally got started. I think that this must have been early day

for laser cutting as I had to go thru the precut parts and add par numbers for each. There were a couple of parts missing but that i probably because it was cannibalized over the years of storage. Al the parts were easily identifiable and after numbering them progres was swift

+------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: DSC00071.JPG |Download:
Gemitaur

Next came the foreflap This puzzled me because there was only one an

it was huge! It turns out that the foreflap is just in front of th horizontal stabilizer I had to read the instructions several time t make sense of it all. The included pictures shows the outer ribs tape on as per the instruction

+------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: images.jpg |Download:
Gemitaur

The horizontal stabilizer is next. The bottom sheeting and ribs ar

in place. I decided to use gorilla glue instead of epoxy or zap. I is lighter and easier to clean up. I place the foreflap into th picture as well to show how big it is

+------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: DSCF5338.JPG |Download:
Gemitaur

ah. the pics did help. mk

Reply to
MK

All the tail parts laid out for fitting. One tail is complete the othe

has been a bit of a problem (I used the measure twice cut 15 time method of building instead of anything conventional)

+------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: DSCF0004.JPG |Download:
Gemitaur

here is the body with a couple of parts set up for scale that is

meterstick next to the glider. This sucker is going to be big

+------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: DSCF0004.JPG |Download:
Gemitaur

Mooooor can't wai

-- Ray Ra

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ray Ray's Profile:

this thread:

Ray Ray

Here is the latest... I was wiating for a wing jig but it didn't pan out so I decided to try building up on a flat surface instead. Lots of ribs,(MMMMMMMM......RRRRIIIIBBBBBBBSSSSS) so I am going to glue them one at a time in order to keep them straight.

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: DSCF0586.JPG | |Download:
| +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
Reply to
Gemitaur

Hey Ray how was the slope today did you get out or were you helping th

wanker move

-- Gemitau

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Gemitaur's Profile:

this thread:

Gemitaur

Well I hit a snag. I misplaced page 7 of the building instructions.

am awaiting an email with the instructions from the owner The enclosed picture shows the left wing with the shear web clampe into place to set, and part of the leading edge in plac

+------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: DSCF0589.JPG |Download:
Gemitaur

Got the page I lost so on with the build. I am installing the wing pe

today and finishing sheeting the top of the wingand then its time t think about aileron

-- Gemitau

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Gemitaur's Profile:

this thread:

Gemitaur

Look's good , no he has his own mover's. I am busy with my plaster guy

I will be back at the sloap tomorow. keep up the good work, this is cool glider

-- Ray Ra

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ray Ray's Profile:

this thread:

Ray Ray

who are you getting plastered

-- Gemitau

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Gemitaur's Profile:

this thread:

Gemitaur

What's inside the body

-- Ray Ra

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ray Ray's Profile:

this thread:

Ray Ray

nothing inside the body ....yet. i have started the second wing....mor

pics when that is finished this week. See you at the slope this wee windy budd

-- Gemitau

this thread:

Gemitaur

Sanding and filling ..........Sanding and filling.........Sanding an

fillin

-- Gemitau

this thread:

Gemitaur