Looking for Pilot brand Tiger Moth plans

I have a Pilot brand Tiger Moth kit that is complete except for the plans - I believe I took them out of the box and they got mislaid during my divorce :-(

If anyone has a copy of these plans I would really appreciate getting hold of them - it seems a shame to throw the kit out.

TIA, Clyde

Reply to
Clyde

hi I have just got an old pilot tiger moth which I am recovering and scaling, did you have any luck obtaining plans as i need some as well, also need c of g for first flight, thanks tichard uk

Reply to
semc

Hi Guys any luck with Pilot Kit Tiggy Plans.

I was given an unfinished model on Friday last. Plans would be handy

I really only need Rudder shape. This one is missing the rudder.

Scale I can figure out. and CG.

Reply to
HUMPHREY1957

Looking for a scale Tiger Moth plan.

I need rudder shape. rigging detail and CG so Scale is not important.

.
Reply to
HUMPHREY1957

coincidentally landed here and read your request.

If you´re still looking for plans, Humprey1957 and semc (Clyde still searching after 3 years?), maybe I can help.

I own a Pilot 1/4 scale Tiger Moth, new untouched in box. Well, new is not quite correct, bought it about 10 years ago... :o I can scan or take pictures of the parts of the plan you're interested in. Just let me know.

regards, Peter.

Reply to
peterdh82a

Hi Peter. Just read this. I have a mate. Another Peter and he has a1/4 scale model and is looking for plans as well. I will see how he is fixed at the moment and see where we go from here. Maybe you can hahave the plans scanned to a PDF file. Cheers for now Phil.

Reply to
HUMPHREY1957

Hi Phil, took the plans out of the box today, they were bigger than I expected. Two sheets of 2m x 1m each... Hmm, have to find a BIG scanner. I'll let you know how things work out.

regards, Peter.

Reply to
peterdh82a

How to attach images. Testing...

Still waiting to be built...

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: pilot_moth.jpg | |Download:
| +------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Reply to
peterdh82a

Some plan printers have scanners which can do this size. If you can get it scanned to a PDF file it can be emailed and printed this end..

Happy to cover any reasonable costs.

Cheers Phil and Peter.

Reply to
HUMPHREY1957

Short update from this side of the globe...

Sorry guys, it took a while to find a place to scan the plans. At first I thought it would be possible @work but this size seems to be a problem. But...

Today I found a copyshop nearby that can scan my plans that are almost 1 meter wide and 2 meters long. Took the plans to the shop today, so tomorrow I will have 2 pdf files.

Now, how to get them to your side of the globe? Do I post them here, send a PM with plans attached or send them by email?

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
peterdh82a

Hi Peter. You're a bottler.

That's Aussie slang for a Bonza bloke. Oops that's Aussie slang too. A true gentleman.

If you post them here then all can see and download in the future in the future.

A pm will certainly be good. I will pm you my email address.

How much did all this cost and I will reimburse you?

Cheers Phil and Peter in OZ.

Reply to
HUMPHREY1957

Bottler...

Hmm, glad you're not in the UK. :) This is what I found on Wiktionay.org:

-Noun

bottler (plural bottlers)

A person, company, or thing who bottles, especially in bulk. Trucks that specialize in transporting bottled goods in crates. (UK, slang) A person or group, especially a sports team, that doesn't meet expectations, particularly prone to failure when success is expected. :(

[edit] Synonyms

(person or group prone to unexpected failure): choker

[edit] Etymology 2

Origin obscure; the final -er is shared by a number of synonymous expressive words, the earliest of which is perhaps ?bonzer?.

[edit] Noun

bottler (plural bottlers)

(Australian, slang) a person or thing that is excellent or excites admiration.- :D

Anyway, read your PM. Will send you an email tomorrow. Well, today actually, because it's 1.30 AM here.

cheers, Peter.

Reply to
peterdh82a

Hi Peter,Another aussie here looking for the same plan! Any chance of getting you to post them in the vintage and old timer plans thread for all to enjoy. Cheers Stephen.

Reply to
tinklewood

I have them and will see what I can do for you.

What is the URL for the thread?.

Posted them here as well.

Reply to
HUMPHREY1957

Try for Fuse 1

Nope Exceeds maximum allowable upload.

Pm me for Fuselage file details.

Reply to
HUMPHREY1957

Fantastic! Thank you very much for the plans,Humphrey 1957. My father would say"You're blood is worth bottling".My email address is snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com if you could send the fuselage file out I'll be forever grateful. Stephen

Reply to
tinklewood

Hi Stephen. They are a bit big so they are in 3 Emails

If you email the PDF to a plans printer they should be able to run them off for you.

Cheers

Reply to
HUMPHREY1957

Hello Humphrey1957, from the title of your plans, does it mean that there is a 2nd fuselage plan that you are just unable to upload due to size?

She sure does look pretty,

Thanks,

Bob

Reply to
N1EDM

Yes there is another page which is bigger that this site will let me upload.

Send me your email in a pm and I can email it to you.

Reply to
HUMPHREY1957

Thanks Humphrey, PM sent...

Bob