Re: Looking for info on "Junior Aeronautical Supply Co. of NY" - 1940's

Hey, Keeper

Not to worry. David told me how to buy the plans, and I ordered them. They're going to be shipped out tomorrow.

There's an awful lot of balsa pieces in that box. So, my guess is that the kit is complete (or very close to it), but we need the plans with the list of parts to be reasonably sure.

If it checks out, I'm going to put the kit complete with plans on eBay as a package.

There's another big question, though: How to get a shipping box for something that's such an odd-sized box. But I think my neighbor, the artist, will make me one out of a big sheet of cardboard. And whether the original box - dusty and musty after all of these years - is worth keeping. My friend Mo thinks that a lot of people will want the original box, even if it's 50-plus year old cardboard.

But first things first - I have to see if the parts match up with the plans.

PS .. You're just like my father. If you keep everything and you're lucky enough to live to be 86, you, too, can have a basement like ours, with all sorts of vintage treasures :)

Roz

>Thanks for your help, guys. We hate to throw any of this stuff out, if > >we can avoid it. > > > >Roz > > You knew this was coming, right? > > Throw it away and hell you'll pay, > Better hang on to it-be worth money some day! > > Cheers, > > The Keeper (of too much crap)
Reply to
rozrr

I think Mo is right. The original box is almost always important to the value.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

You've got that right! Go to eBay sometime and check out "box only" sometime and see how many are being sold. And add to that that there's a couple of guys auctioning off boxart that they scanned, cleaned up and printed out.

The Old Timer