Bi plane rides.. how $$$

Doing some art work on my Sig Curtiss Jenny.....would please like
to know what the barnstormers of that time were charging people for
rides.
TY
Mike
Reply to
Mike
Jimmy Stewart had "$5" painted on the side of his Jenny in "The Charles Lindberg Story"...
CJ
Reply to
CJ
I saw an authentic sign one time that read, "$3 for 1/2 ride; $5 to return to ground with aeroplane." Ken

Ken Cashion
Sometimes they charged flat rates like $5 to $10, but other times they made it more like a carnival atmosphere such as posters proclaiming "Rides - 5¢ a pound!"
Cheers -- \_________Lyman Slack________/ \_______Flying Gators R/C___/ \_____AMA 6430 LM____ / \___Gainesville FL_____/ Visit my Web Site at

Lyman Slack

Site Timeline